Grandparent's pride

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
I spoke with my oldest GD this past weekend and asked her how her drawing was going. She had her mom send me this.
37240-albums1048-picture6734.jpg

Sorry it's sideways, everything her mother sends me comes this way, I don't know what she is doing.

Anyway, I think it's an absolutely great drawing and wanted to show it off.

That is really cute and very well done! How old is she?

Try using photobucket to "turn" your pictures.

She just turned 14 two months ago, but only started drawing a year or so ago. She got a very nice set of charcoal, colored pencils, sketch book, paper, etc. set from us for X-mas last year. She's taught herself to draw with a little help from a book I bought her to go with her set.

We have Corel on our personal computer, but DD texted me the picture so I just uploaded it up from phone.

Charcoal is wonderful to work with. Not so successful with coloured pencils, but the new ones now that you can add water to seem to be popular.

Good for her! You certainly have good reason to be proud!

user37240_pic6734_1480425159.jpg

Tried to rotate it for you. Hope it works. :huh:

She's talented IMHO but I have a hard time with stick figures. ;)

And that's one evil looking Baseball. :LOL:

Thanks Zagut.

She's always liked "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and has gotten a bit gothy on us. Wants everything in black, grays, dark blues, etc. She's just like her mother was at that age. She's done some really nice drawings. I'm going to talk to DD about getting her some lessons or at least seeing if there is an artist close by that is willing to mentor her. Hopefully there is, as they live in a snowbird/retiree area.

Medtran, I just love those eyes.

I too have a granddaughter that is very much into art. In fact I have one of her paintings hanging in my bathroom. It is a picture of the forest at night with the full moon shining down between the trees. She has a couple wildlife in between the trees. She is employed at a cashier and supports herself and SO. So she can't afford always the canvases she would love to buy. So she paints on pieces of wood or any other element she can find. She paints in oils.

In fact, she and her SO has had commissions to paint portraits. Their ultimate dream is to open a store front shop for their art alone. In the small town they live in, in Maine, they are known as "that cute couple who love to do art."

Here's hoping your granddaughter's fame spreads further than her dreams.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom