Instantpot - tips, techniques and recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I just received my Instantpot and am planning to do a pot roast today and chicken stock/soup tomorrow.
Mine has a yogurt function.
I have read the manual and recipe book and there are no yogurt recipes or instructions how to make yogurt.
Has anyone used an instantpot to make yogurt?

If you have any tips or recipes please share.

Thank you.

I just received my Instantpot and am planning to do a pot roast today and chicken stock/soup tomorrow.
Mine has a yogurt function.
I have read the manual and recipe book and there are no yogurt recipes or instructions how to make yogurt.
Has anyone used an instantpot to make yogurt?

If you have any tips or recipes please share.

Thank you.
Mine's at home. I really like it for doing chickpeas. They turn out perfect everytime. I have been debating getting one for my parents' for Christmas (read that--for me while I am here). It is a toss-up between that and one that is also a smoker...I have been looking at this one...

https://www.amazon.com/Kalorik-Cook...616618&sr=8-3&keywords=Pressure+Cooker+Smoker

Did you make a pot roast?

If so how long did it take to cook your pot roast till tender?

I did manual button 50 minutes as suggested in recipe book and it wasn't quite tender enough. I put on for another 30 minutes. Did you use the manual button or the meat/stew button?

I have not made a pot roast. I really should try it. I just really like getting out my Dutch oven ;) And I forget I have it :LOL: I really need to use it more.

I always use the manual button, so I can set the time myself. I can never remember how long the more specific buttons cook for, and since I typically use recipes that specify the time, I end up using the manual button. I have made this one a few times - it's really good. It's pork shoulder, but I figure it's similar enough to chuck roast that the cooking time is the same. It specifies 45 minutes for a 2-3 lb. roast: http://flolum.com/instant-pot-smart-asian-braised-pork-shoulder/

Last edited:
I have not made a pot roast. I really should try it. I just really like getting out my Dutch oven ;) And I forget I have it :LOL: I really need to use it more.

I always use the manual button, so I can set the time myself. I can never remember how long the more specific buttons cook for, and since I typically use recipes that specify the time, I end up using the manual button. I have made this one a few times - it's really good. It's pork shoulder, but I figure it's similar enough to chuck roast that the cooking time is the same. It specifies 45 minutes for a 2-3 lb. roast: FLO LUM » Instant Pot Smart – Asian Braised Pork Shoulder

I'm using a 4/lb bottom round and the book recipe says 2-4/lb roast should take 50 minutes.

Is there a site that will tell us the default cooking time for the function buttons?

Last edited:
This page describes when to use which button and how long the pre-sets cook for: http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/instant-pot-duo-and-smartcooker/

I think I'll print it out and tape it to the inside of a cabinet ;)

This is also a great site for general information and recipes. The author has written cookbooks for the Instant Pot and, IIRC, she developed some of the recipes in the cookbook that came with it.

Back
Top Bottom