Sad News for Big Mac fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Washington Compost says that Jim’ Delligatti ate a Big Mac a week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...923ad6-b719-11e6-a677-b608fbb3aaf6_story.html

Perhaps that was one of the reasons for his living to 98?

Perhaps not?

But I do agree with this quote "He said he ate at least one Big Mac a week, noting that moderation was only common sense. His son Michael, echoing his father, said the Big Mac has been unfairly targeted for criticism. “You go to high-end restaurants and get the lobster bisque,” Michael Delligatti said, “that’s way more calories than a Big Mac.”

Common sense is the key but unfortunately that seems less and less a commodity in use these days. :ermm:

I don't have a Big Mac attack once a week but I do enjoy one every few months.;)
Quick, Cheap, and Tasty.
What more can you ask for? :yum:

Fast food is not evil and it seems that eating it once a week can let you live to 98. :whistling

I hope I make it to 98 and RIP to a man who did. :angel:

Well said, Zagut!

I honestly can't remember the last time I had a Big Mac. It isn't because I was avoiding them, I just usually order chicken or a cheeseburger. Maybe I will have to go have one in Jim Delligatti's memory! :)

A man just died, there is no need for bickering over each others likes or dislikes of the fast food industry. Be nice!

Thanks, PF.

I didn't put this up to debate on food. I thought that since this is a foodie community and this man created an iconic food item it was worth sharing. Whether you like it or not the Big Mac is a classic and I thought the man deserved recognition.

Next time I might just keep it to myself.

Last edited:
I wonder if he ever knew what impact this burger would have on life, even compairing food prices with the help of a big Mac.

And if any one wonder, 2017 27 February it be 7 years since I had big Mac, why well after going to McD and ending up in the ER I took the hint and didnt go back.
It not the burgers faults, it mine, I cant digest them .

I like the occasional Big Mac. Glad he made it to 98! RIP.

How does the song go? Two obese Patties, special Ross, Lester Cheese, picking bunions on a Sesame Street bus. Or something like that.

Last edited:
That is just one of the jingles in my arsenal of ear worms...

oh great! I wish I was an Oscar Meyer wiener...

You'll have to teach me that version, BT. PF, I can give you the whole joke to that punchline if you're interested or haven't heard it.

The man made the gold standard of fast food burgers. Others have tried to copy, and some may have even made it better, but there's no more consistent road food IMO.

Last edited:
I still remember when we got our first McDonalds. I must have been 8. It was across the "big bridge" and in the same lot as K-mart (another awesome American import). On a Friday or Saturday evening after Dad got home from work we went to check out both stores.

I pleaded to try the Big Mac and I think my parents let me have one just to shut me up. The deal was I had to eat the whole burger and fries. It was a real struggle, but I was so happy just having one I got it all down. :)

I feel a bit sad that it took dying to bring attention to the "artist".

One of many renditions:
McDonald’s is your kind of place
Hamburgers in your face
French Fries between your toes
Hot pickles up your nose
And don’t forget their Martian shakes
They come from outer space

I recall being in London, England, on a college trip, when they opened their first McD's many eons ago. Apparently they didn't get it right. Most Brits were throwing their burgers away after one bite. Hopefully they've fixed the problems.

One of many renditions:

Hamburgers in your face

French Fries between your toes

Hot pickles up your nose

And don’t forget their Martian shakes

They come from outer space

Admittedly, I have not heard that one!

Huh. Working with HS and MS kids for so many years, I can't believe I haven't heard any of these!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom