Dinner tonight..Thur. 12/8/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angel Hair pasta and ..............

img_1490920_0_03dc656073f355e7f96646aa2ade1583.jpg

Rerun from last night. Cheese ravioli, meatballs and sauce.

Didn't feel like cooking so we decided to look for a sushi place locally, as we haven't ordered sushi out since we moved. Found one that got 4+ star reviews. Got a couple of different sushi rolls. A spicy conch salad, some spring rolls and some Massaman chicken curry. Everything was great except the spring rolls that were way over fried.

Made myself chicken fried steak with sausage gravy and tater tots. I decided to deep fry the meal. That way I could deep fry the tater tots - much better that way.

Attachments

• IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 194
Reruns here too. Sliced pork shoulder, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a (new) loaded up salad.

Same here. Leftover spag with meat sauce. I swear that is one dish that is better heated up the next day...

I like to pan fry leftover pasta. Add meat(balls) sauce and grated cheese fry till browned and crisp flip repeat. Yum!

Made myself chicken fried steak with sausage gravy and tater tots. I decided to deep fry the meal. That way I could deep fry the tater tots - much better that way.

Love fried tots! Nice and crispy with salt and malt vinegar.

Anyone cooking tonight?

I'm trying out a new recipe that looks really good. More info later.

Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Onions Recipe | MyRecipes

Oh yeah, I'm cooking! :chef:

I love that dish, Kayelle. I've made it a few times and it's yummy :yum:

DH harvested the last of our garden peppers last weekend, and we needed some comfort food tonight - it's been drizzly and overcast all day. So I made a big pot of posole and served it with Velveeta-salsa dip and tortilla chips. Hit the spot :yum:

Attachments

• 1481251107920.jpg
    1481251107920.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 126
Anyone cooking tonight?

I'm trying out a new recipe that looks really good. More info later.

Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Onions Recipe | MyRecipes

Like you GG, we really liked that recipe. but I only cooked two big chops and next time I'll cut the sauce recipe by half. I finished the dish in the skillet on top of the stove, not in the oven. The addition of apple was a nice treat for me.
We had steamed buttered broccolini as a side.

I didn't feel like cooking. I saw this recipe in a magazine at the hair salon yesterday. It is tasty. I would make it again, maybe garnish it next time with fresh tomatoes. I used grated cheddar instead of Velveeta. Side was a garden salad and homemade dinner rolls (pulled out of the freezer).

Cheeseburger Soup Recipe | Taste of Home

...I'm trying out a new recipe that looks really good...
I've done pan-fried pork chops with apples and shallots for ages. The "sauce" I make is different, though, using hard cider or a dry apple wine to deglaze the pan, no mustard or cream. However, that Bourbon sounds intriguing. Glad you liked the recipe.

We picked my car up from the auto body shop (we have to stop "meeting" like that...), seemed to be OK, and continued on with our errands list from yesterday. Decided to take a break at our favorite Irish pub and split an Irish potato pizza with two pints of ale - mine a American pint (16), Himself's an Imperial one (20 oz).

After we were home awhile, we decided we were just a wee bit hungry. We each had a bowl of the leftover ham and beans and collard greens. Just right!

Fresh fish and fried potatoes and salad.

We are living in Mexico now and just went ocean fishing for the first time. 4 people 60 fish. We will be eating fish for a few nights!! YUmmmmmy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom