Martha Stewart Crinkle Spice Cookie recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I am sorry for coming in here to ask this but have spent too much time online trying to find an answer/recipe. Appreciate any info.

Ok, so about 8ish years ago I was watching MS do a Christmas TV special on her 10 favorite cookies.
I watched the show, taped the show so I could go back and check for ingredients or whatever at a later date when I more had time to concentrate. I even made one of her recipes right along with her on the show, pausing as I needed to do whatever, play catch up. The cookies I made with her was her spice crinkle cookies or some such name like that. They originally turned out awful, flat as a pancake, one big run together mess. I tossed it and got advice to get new baking powder/baking soda as they have a shelf life and maybe mine was up. I bought new and again followed Martha step by step. There were large amounts of certain spices I think (and I could be wrong here) the addition of black pepper and a huge amount of cloves with the other usual suspects being ginger (2
/3 kinds of ginger, ground/raw/grated) and cinnamon. The results making with new baking powder and baking soda were INCREDIBLE and I want to make again.
Here's the thing. I have searched on YouTube and everything else I can think of and can not find the recipe using every combination of words to help locate this recipe. It was a Christmas/Holiday favorite cookie swap 10 cookie show that I think might have even been a 2 hr special. If you are able or know what I'm trying to find please let me know. I am really wanting to make this wonderful very different cookie but without the recipe, I'm stumped. Thank you.

LEFSE, I did a quick search and came up with these. The ingredients list seems to have what you've described.

Hope this helps

I thought that also but the OP stated 3 kinds of ginger was used in the recipe. No ginger in pfeffernussen. There is a chocolate molasses cookie recipe with ginger in it but no pepper in that recipe.

They both sound wonderful. I may try one or both if time and my hands allow.
I wonder why no one can find the MS recipe.

Probably because it became a very popular recipe and MS decided to remove it from her site and put it in one of her cookbooks. She has done that in the past. If she ever decides to make that cookie on air, she HAS to leave it up on her site per her contract with any television station.

Probably because it became a very popular recipe and MS decided to remove it from her site and put it in one of her cookbooks. She has done that in the past. If she ever decides to make that cookie on air, she HAS to leave it up on her site per her contract with any television station.

OP Stated she watched MS on a tv special making the cookie so it's weird that it can't be found. Twilight Zone?

LEFSE, I did a quick search and came up with these. The ingredients list seems to have what you've described.

Hope this helps
thanks for trying Katie.
unfortunately, not it.
*heavy* on spices cloves/pepper/ginger, not dark in color, no powdered sugar or coating. I remember it was a Christmas special with 10 cookies featured. dang, oh well, guess it's lost for good.

I thought that also but the OP stated 3 kinds of ginger was used in the recipe. No ginger in pfeffernussen. There is a chocolate molasses cookie recipe with ginger in it but no pepper in that recipe.
HI MSM
thanks for helping. the recipe I seek hasn't got any chocolate in it, it is heavily spiced meaning larger than seemingly normal amounts like a tablespoon of cloves, what? very spicy cookie, gosh wish I remembered more.

Good evening,

Bon Appetit had done a special on Holiday Cookies close to two decades ago, however, The Recipe seems to fit your profile ..

Ginger spice cookies.

2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsps ground ginger
2 tsps. baking soda
1 tsp ground cinammon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 cup chopped crystallised ginger
1 cup dark Brown sugar
1 / 2 cup vegetable shortening - room temperature
1/4 cup ( 1 / 2 stick ) of butter unsalted
1 large egg
1 / 4 cup molasses mild light flavored
Sugar to taste ( for sprinkling on top )

Hope this helps ..

Bon Appetit Magazine.

It is 1am here ..
All my best ..

I would google search: Ginger Cinammon Spice Cookies ..

Back
Top Bottom