Need help making cherry candies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChefToni

Assistant Cook
Hey guys!
Ever since Christmas came and went I've been having constant urges for those cherry candy canes, yall know the ones: rainbow colored by Brachs? Anyway, I'm pretty good at making candy myself but I've had a really tough time trying to nail that flavor. If anyone has any cherry candy recipes I would really love some insight because I am literally going through candy cane withdraws over here ? if you're unsure of the flavor, the old fashioned cherry candies (they usually come in a mixed bag with all sorts of flavors, you can get them at Hobby Lobby) taste sort of similar.
Just so you know, the recipes I've tried have been your standard sugar and water with Loranns cherry flavor (I've tried both the oil AND the extract...) I've also tried adding light corn syrup.. they always come out tasting like your typical cherry flavored/Luden cough drop candies (LOL)
So, again, please help!!!
Chef Toni

I do not make candy but wanted to offer up a suggestion on flavours- maybe a cherry, or black cherry koolaid powder; or bottled marachino cherry "juice"; or grenadine?

Back
Top Bottom