Ideas please - eye of round roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting. I recently braised an eye round roast in the pressure cooker. It had good flavor but was dry as a bone. It's a very lean cut.

It is dry. That's why I slop lots of pan juices or gravy over it. The addition of the moist tasty chorizo is what makes the dish. Together, they seem to work.

One of the Boliche recipes I came across calls for stuffing the roast with Mexican Chorizo (versus the dried Spanish version that other recipes call for). I'm wondering if the fat from the Chorizo will actually infuse into the meat as it cooks.

I've never been a fan of eye of round, either. I just need one recipe to change my mind. Maybe this will be the one.

Make sure you have plenty braising liquid to finish with on your plate. Eye round braised is dry.
Now rare with meat drippings is a okay in my book.

Maybe. I added high quality lard in an effort to make it less dry. It helped with the mouthfeel, but the meat itself was still dry. I like eye round as a rare roast beef, but I don't think it works well as a braise. Let us know your thoughts after you make it.

I agree. 100%

Last edited:
It is dry. That's why I slop lots of pan juices or gravy over it. The addition of the moist tasty chorizo is what makes the dish. Together, they seem to work.

Make sure you have plenty braising liquid to finish with on your plate. Eye round braised is dry.
Now rare with meat drippings is a okay in my book.

I agree. 100%

Why not switch to chuck roast then?

Back
Top Bottom