Healthy Eating - not!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
As some of you may know I am a bit addicted to "Food Network". I often watch "Pioneer Woman" who is not noted for healthy cooking. This afternoon, however, she really hit the depths.

Battered, deep-fried cheesecake bites ie a cheesecake filling rolled into balls, dipped in pancake batter and deep fried!!! :ohmy: :wacko:

I know her family work hard out of doors but there are limits. I'm beginning to wonder if she's trying to kill them off to inherit the loot.

Being in England, you have probably never been to an American County Fair, the deep frying centre of the universe. Americans will batter and deep fry anything, including but not limited to butter, jelly beans, Snickers bars, Twinkies, Cadbury creme eggs, and Pop Tarts! We have even discovered how to deep fry Coca Cola and beer!

Being in England, you have probably never been to an American County Fair, the deep frying centre of the universe. Americans will batter and deep fry anything, including but not limited to butter, jelly beans, Snickers bars, Twinkies, Cadbury creme eggs, and Pop Tarts! We have even discovered how to deep fry Coca Cola and beer!
Deep-fried butter must take some considerable technical skill!!!

It's truly amazing as to what they'll deep fry at the Iowa State Fair, including butter.

Deep fried cheesecake balls pale in comparison!

Last edited:
Yep, State Fairs in the US are deep fry heaven/hell. Mad Cook, if you make it over here around October, make a point on visiting a State Fair, just to sample some of the crazy stuff they deep fry at Fairs. You wash it down, of course, with beer, or some ridiculously sugar-sweetened soft drink.

At the Texas State Fair, you must have a Fletcher's Corny Dog. The original corn dog. But once you've done that, get crazy. I like to end the day with a funnel cake -- deep fried pancake batter topped with powdered sugar.

You can easily rack up a week's worth of calories in a few short hours at the Fair.

CD

Last edited:
Don't worry if you come to the US earlier in the summer, Mad Cook. State Fairs can start as early as July in the northern states. If you can't get to a state fair, a county fair will do. If you can't make it to a county fair, then God bless you. :)

Forget soft drinks, cd. My favorite non-alcoholic beverage from fairs always was Lemon Shake-Ups. Not a big fan of lemonade, so I've never figured out why I like a lemonade on steroids! :LOL:

Forget soft drinks, cd. My favorite non-alcoholic beverage from fairs always was Lemon Shake-Ups. Not a big fan of lemonade, so I've never figured out why I like a lemonade on steroids! :LOL:

They have something like that here, and they are probably mostly sugar, too. Doesn't matter to me, since I wash my State Fair gut bombs down with beer. When I go off the dietary rails, I go all the way off. :yum:

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom