Wednesday dinner, 02-15-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
We're having pad thai tonight. The noodles and sauce are from a kit, but then we add egg, chicken, mung bean sprouts, cilantro, crushed peanuts, and lime.

I like give mine an extra tbsp of sambal olek, and crushed thai bird chilis. The chilis are for heat, but I also kind of like the textural thing with dried crushed chilis on noodles.

What's on your menu today?

I haven't had breakfast, yet. As of now, dinner will start with leftover Cheetos from last night -- just like breakfast. Where we go from there is up in the air. Ooooo, that rhymes. Thats a good omen.

CD

Last edited:
G'mornin' lyndalou! :flowers:

I just got home, time for breakfast as well, casey. I'm thinking leftover pasta with pickled hot peppers and shredded "mexican blend" cheese - cause that's what I got.

G'mornin' lyndalou! :flowers:

I just got home, time for breakfast as well, casey. I'm thinking leftover pasta with pickled hot peppers and shredded "mexican blend" cheese - cause that's what I got.

Hot peppers for breakfast... I like how you roll.

CD

We'll have potstickers or poke or maybe penne alla vodka. I haven't decided which yet.

It's a cool, rainy day so I'm preparing to make a version of Giada's straccotto (Italian pot roast). I have a nice Toscana Sangiovese for the braising liquid and will brave the rain to pick a sprig of rosemary from the garden.

I'll shred it and serve it over egg noodles with sautéed squash and roasted red peppers seasoned with Penzeys Sandwich Sprinkle, which I use as Italian seasoning. And homemade bread.

Pastitsada, which is a Greek style ground beef, onion and tomato dish, seasoned with nutmeg and cinnamon. I'll serve it over fresh penne pasta made with my shiny new Philips pasta machine. My old Simac Pastamatic died with a bang and went to the dump yesterday. I bought the Philips this morning at Bed Bugs and Beyond. List price is $300, but they had it on sale for $240 (same as Amazon), and I had a 20% coupon, so I got out the door for $192. That's less than a remanufactured machine (90 day warranty) plus the 1 year extended warranty to equal the new machine warranty. I'm concerned about pasta machine warranties, as I bought a couple of them over the years through ebay, and have not had good luck with them. One of them was made by the same company that made the Pocket Fly Fisherman, so that explains some of it.

We're having Swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes. There's leftover green beans that can be re-heated and I'm pretty sure I saw beet pickles in the frig yesterday. Leftover cupcakes and special K bars too.

I'm cooking up some ground meat I should have used yesterday so I will probably make some into tacos for TB and turn the rest into shepherd's pie or something.

As for me, it will be mushroom soup thanks to the thread that is going around! :)

What a coincidence. I'm having some Orange Juice Alla Vodka right now.

CD

I've already had a couple Stella alla Atrois and now its Bacardi Limon alla coke! When we do have penne alla vodka, I use vodka as a condiment!:angel:

Like LP, I had to make up some mushroom soup. Love mushroom soup.

We also have a few leftovers to clean up.

It's a cool, rainy day so I'm preparing to make a version of Giada's straccotto (Italian pot roast).

Are your going to wear a deep v-neck sweater when you make Giada's straccotto? Half of her audience tunes in for the recipes, the other half for her cleavage.

I'm old and ugly, so yes, this is envy talking.

CD

We had breaded pork chops, mashed potatoes and for a vegetable we had buttered corn. For dessert we had applesauce. My grandson had requested this meal.

I'm doing browned Beer Brats, finished in a covered skillet of onion, tri colored baby bell peppers, shredded cabbage, wine and Caraway seeds. Tater Tots for the SC.

I've already had a couple Stella alla Atrois and now its Bacardi Limon alla coke! When we do have penne alla vodka, I use vodka as a condiment!:angel:

Stella is a good friend of mine, too. I had my very first Stella in Barcelona about ten years ago. I fell in love with it. The beertender actually used a Stella glass and a wooden stick to clear the excess suds. I felt very special as I drank it.

My family lived in Puerto Rico for three years -- Puerto Ricans don't drink Bacardi, unless that is all they can afford. DonQ is the way to go. Sorry, I don't make the rules. I did, however, have a bad experience in high school with Bacardi 151. I have a hard time even looking at it, now.

CD

Back
Top Bottom