Purple Peruvian potatoes was a main ingredient last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like them too. It is harder to find them around here in the stores, but I will get a bunch when I can. The color is great and they taste the same as other potatoes.

Are these the purple, freeze dried potatoes made in the Andes mountains called Chuno? I hate chuno numerous times while in Bolivia but I certainly wouldn't say that they taste the same as regular potatoes (the ones I'm thinking of)

Wouldn't mind finding some chuno as well as recipes to use with them.

They are a variety of fingerling potatoes. With your eyes closed you would not know them from other fingerling types.

We had purple peruvian potatoes served at our wedding. I think they look great.

I love purple potatoes too but the ones I get aren't the fingerling variety. They are more similar to red potatoes. We love them just for a great color on the plate.

Mr. Dove - no, they are not the same.

GB said:
They are a variety of fingerling potatoes. With your eyes closed you would not know them from other fingerling types.

do you often check out food with your eyes closed gb????? boy, could we have some fun with you...:)

Another purple potato that has a very nice flavor are Okinawan Sweet Potatoes. We use them for the starch in certain dishes and they add an interesting color and flavor to gnocchi, potato filled ravioli, etc.

This one time....

I remember using purple puruvians in a cooking class i went to once. We roasted them with two other kinds of potatos. I dont really remember the recipe totally but it was pretty simple. We just took purple puruvians, yukon gold and one other kind sorry i cannot remember, and cut them in half. Then we just drizzled on some olive oil, tossed them with salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary and voila, a ice little version on roasted potatoes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom