Has anyone made Paula Deens muffins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
as anyone made Paula Deen's cheese muffins? I have pretty good luck with breads and foccacia, but my muffins and bisquits make outstanding door stops.
rofl.gif
I made Paulas muffins tonight to go with corned beef and cabbage and they were just great. Light and fluffy, cake like, rich and yummy..If anyone has the recipe, do try it. If you don't have it and would like it let me know and i'll post it for you.
kadesma
smile.gif

Crewsk, Middie,

Hope you enjoy these as much as we did:) Since making them last night, I've been thinking about the different cheeses that could be used in place of the cheddar:) Let's say pepper jack, swiss, colby/jack//:rolleyes: Enough already, here's the recipe..

Cheese Muffins
1-1/2 C. A/P flour
1-Tab. sugar
2-1/2 tea. baking powder
1/2 tea. salt
3-C. coarsley grated Cheddar
1-Egg, I used 1-large
1-C milk
1/4 (1/2 stick) melted butter

Preheat oven to 350. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir the cheddar into the dry ingredients til cheese is all coated with the flour mix. Beat the milk and the egg together, then stir into the flour mix, til just blended, then add the melted butter The batter is very moist and sticky and runny. Pour batter into prepared muffin tins that have been greased..I just sprayed with Pam... Bake 20 min. I baked them for 30 on 300...This makes 12 muffins...Hope you enjoy them...Wonder how they would be with jack cheese and
thinly diced green onion?
kadesma:)

Shunka said:
I make these often and they are great!!
I'm going to try making them with pepper jack cheese and see how they taste...:)
kadesma

kadesma these sound fantastic. thank you so much for posting the recipe. i bet they'd be great with green onion !!

You can add some chopped green chiles to this along with the pepper Jack cheese. I have added minced ham or cooked sausage to it also. Makes a very good snack!

PA Baker said:
These sound great! I think I'll try adding the green onion and having them the next time I make chili.
Hi Pa, hope you enjoy them as much as we did..The next time I make them I'm going to try either pepper jack cheese or the green onion..kadesma:)

crewsk said:
Kadesma, I made these tonight & they came out great! Thanks!!:)
crewsk, glad you liked them..They are good...
kadesma:) maker of fine door stops:ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom