Dinner Friday, 4-14-17, whatcha eatin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We'll be having breakfast. Craig is mixing up Alton Brown's biscuits as I am posting this. Eggs and sausage for sure, maybe some bacon. Don't know if we'll have any kind of potato yet.

I picked up a choice, semi-boneless ribeye "roast" about two+ inches thick on sale. Gonna reverse sear it to medium rare and serve it with a veggie.

I picked up a choice, semi-boneless ribeye "roast" about two+ inches thick on sale. Gonna reverse sear it to medium rare and serve it with a veggie.

Man o man... I did a bone-in one of those last month... Absolutely tasted like my fave restaurant prime rib... I'm envious...

Well really envious as this is hot dog & garlic fries Friday...

Jucy Lucies and potato salad, grandma's orange cake for dessert (not for me--for the Elders, I don't do white flour or sugar). No bun for me--but it was really good with Kimchee.

Last edited:

The ribeye came out great! I think I've changed my steak buying and prep habits. Buy thick cut steaks for two and reverse sear them.

Good Friday Dinner

Greek Salad

img_1507382_0_7004b38b9e70a058da44ab96bea34d47.jpg

Shrimp Scampi Paella

img_1507382_1_103c4443823ce5e33658bbb1b221ea81.jpg

Baked Clams

img_1507382_2_dc0bee19d0768b42cf44cd58bd43f150.jpg

I am envious. I had two breakfast sausages with one egg, runny yolk.

My daughter made white clam sauce with Linguini. I was hoping she would send me a plate. No such luck.

I've had this recipe printed out for a while and since I have all the ingredients on hand, this Good Friday seemed a good time to give it a go. SC will make some glorified salads and I'll steam some Jasmine rice.

Mahi Mahi with Artichokes and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Our dinner was good, but to be honest that recipe needs some tweaking.
Next time I will cut the lemon juice by half, and increase the wine for the liquid. I love garlic, but 1/4 cup is just silly for the volume involved. We loved the combo of artichoke and sun dried tomatoes however. I'll make it again with my personal notes though.

Our dinner was good, but to be honest that recipe needs some tweaking.
Next time I will cut the lemon juice by half, and increase the wine for the liquid. I love garlic, but 1/4 cup is just silly for the volume involved. We loved the combo of artichoke and sun dried tomatoes however. I'll make it again with my personal notes though.

Kayelle, do make your personal notes as you go along with the recipe or do you write them after you have tasted the dish?

Your feast looks and sounds delicious MsM!! :chef:
What Kay said.

I was going to make pot o' pig and serve it with rødkål (Danish red cabbage) and potatoes. But, then I got a migraine so we scrounged. I had smoked salmon on a bagel and a potato latke. Stirling had a couple of sandwiches and a couple of latkes.

Kayelle, do make your personal notes as you go along with the recipe or do you write them after you have tasted the dish?

Thanks for asking. I do both.
If the recipe sounds good to me as written, I try to stay close to the recipe when I make it the first time although tonight I knew right off, the recipe had flaws with too much lemon juice and way too much garlic.
I'll write the recipe again, as the ingredients have real promise for a great dish.

taxy, I hope your headache goes away soon.

I sure wish we had eaten at MsM's house. :yum: I grocery shopped today with no leftovers in the fridge that I could use. They're all meat-based, and today was Good Friday, so...no meat. Instead I fell back on two of the Legal Seafood heat-and-eat soups that I had bought when they were on sale. A real mistake, since we both found them tasteless and uninspired. Himself had a clam chowder, I had a lobster bisque. I also made salads with mixed greens, shrimp, hard-cooked eggs, Kalamata olives, tomato, and fresh mushrooms. Yummy salad that would have been better only if I could have tossed bacon on it. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom