Wednesday, April 19, 2017, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We are having roast pork loin with romesco sauce, grilled scallions, and Spanish saffron rice.

Had a hankering for black bean soup. I already had some spicy Italian sausage that I browned, and that needed to be used up before I try to squeeze it into my neighbor's or CG's freezers.

I'm having my leftover braised short ribs tonight. I won't be home the next four nights, so this is my last home-cooked food until Monday.

CD

Chipotle chicken quesadillas with red and green peppers, onions, sour cream, salsa and cervesa.

We made a pot of ham bone and split pea soup today. It was chilly and later very rainy when dinner time rolled around, so a perfect day for soup.

pic of our dinner
OVWp94s9w1c3avdo0mVjF2k5mq3tNwOaQsRbaUxfnEwpX92IB

Tostadas. I'm upset with myself. I meant to take a chicken breast out so I could have chicken tostadas, but I forgot again. I've been busy all day and didn't think about dinner until about an hour ago.

Hmmm...wonder if I can hot water thaw a chicken...

Do you have a microwave, RR? Just put it on defrost for a couple minutes.

I used most of the Easter ham that my SIL sent home with us, making a cheesy ham-and-potato casserole. Sides were quick-cooked asparagus, roasted beets, and roasted carrots with a very generous seasoning of Aleppo pepper. I think my taste buds can now handle more "heat" than Himself's can. Amazing...

Had a hankering for black bean soup. I already had some spicy Italian sausage that I browned, and that needed to be used up before I try to squeeze it into my neighbor's or CG's freezers.
Ah Ha! I knew it was you! :LOL:

Hmmm...wonder if I can hot water thaw a chicken...
I've double-ziplock bagged a chicken breast and submerged it in warm water, changing the water a couple of times when it chills, until the breast feels defrosted when you squeeze it. Maybe you could do that the next time you're busy, if you need to.

TB had Italian sausage pasta with cucumber salad.

I had a kale salad with pumpkin seeds, avocado, cucumber, chia seeds and a lime vinaigrette. Later I had peanut butter toast with some turmeric grated into the peanut butter. It helps with inflammation so I am trying to have some every day.

Thanks for the link Med..I have some ground lamb in the freezer looking for something interesting.:chef:

I made these using ground pork because what I thought was ground lamb in the freezer wasn't. Made homemade pita bread and also tzatziki to go with, tzatziki on the bottom, romesco on the top. They were REALLY good and obviously we loved the romesco.

Back
Top Bottom