Saturday, 5-13-17, did anybody eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We had meatloaf, mashies, peas and carrots. We've got K-girls carrot cake recipe for dessert, but Craig fell asleep in the recliner and I'm whipped and my knees are killing me, so I'm working on amaretto right now. Very busy day.

Meatloaf here too, Med. Sliced on a sandwich of whole wheat, a little mayo, and sliced Roma 'mater on the side - a big glass of iced tea with lemon to wash it all down.

Last edited:
001.jpg

I've got a taste treat for DH.
I went to Sprouts to collect some produce
and for up here in the middle of the desert,
they make the best sushi.
Unagi or Fresh Water Eel Sushi.
Then I bought a fillet of Ahi to make him his fave,
Ahi Shoyu Poke

003.JPG

For moi, leftover Turkey Pot Pie (I'm allergic, I have to limit my fish intake ... too many years of eating just fish has caught up with me :neutral:)

Our daughter, SIL and grandson arrived from Florida today along with Pico, our resident granddaughter's Chihuahua. We had a traditional first night dinner from our vacations together in Aruba. All were happy to share American Chop Suey. SO prepared several desserts including a birthday cake for our grandson's 14th birthday.

Tomorrow we'll celebrate Mothers Day together.

That sounds so sweet, Andy. Happy Mother's Day to all those moms around your table.

We have a glut of eggs - at the start of the day I had 3 1/2 dozen. :ermm: One of the stores I shopped yesterday had Naan bread on sale Buy One, Get One. It's cold (49) and rainy, so I decided that it was time to try Shakshuka. Eggs baked in a spicy tomato bath, sopped up with Naan? Sounds good.

And it was. Good, that is. :yum: This is a type of meal that Himself doesn't usually enjoy, but it hit a happy spot in his tummy today. It won't be on a frequent rotation, but we will have it again. As a bonus, a photo! Yay! Himself finally straightened out my Dropbox mess...till next time. :LOL:

Attachments

• 20170513_215551.jpg
    20170513_215551.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 172
My dinner was sort of hit and miss. I had the rest of the taco salad, two slices of cinnamon toast, and an apple. For some reason I'm just craving popcorn now.

DH is still somewhat dazed and confused from his minor procedure yesterday, so I made him doctored-up Stovetop Stuffing. Don't judge me. It's sort of his version of chicken noodle soup, he likes it.

Last edited:
With my MIL in a nursing home, my FIL hasn't been out in quite a while, so we took him to dinner at a local bar and grill last night. DH had fish and chips, I had fried fish and shrimp with onion rings and a salad (and chips/fries that were mistakenly initially served with my meal) and my FIL had a burger.

We have plenty of fries left over, so I'm planning to make poutine with fresh mozzarella Tuesday :yum: Will recrisp them under the broiler.

We had lazy "faux" risotto made in the oven. I sauteed a bunch of mushrooms, shallots and garlic in olive oil in the bottom of a dutch oven, deglazed with white wine, and threw in brown rice and hot turkey stock. (Why turkey? It was what came to hand in the freezer.) Then I covered it and threw it in the oven at 350F for an hour. When it came out I stirred in a bunch of grated cheese and a dollop of heavy cream. Voila! Fake risotto!

Back
Top Bottom