Monday 5-15-2017 ~ Winner, winner, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I'll be working on salads full of greens and veggies for us in a bit. That will be followed up by must-goes. We have a lot of "little bit of..." cluttering the fridge. I've already called dibs on the last bowl of chicken and mushroom wild rice soup. :yum:

What's on deck at your house?

We had porchetta sliders from leftover porchetta from the freezer, with caramelized onions, gruyere cheese, and roasted vege mayo. A side of homemade potato chips.

and I forgot the picture

CgcCwNNiSohW-cZ5meiKeCMmKC00Ujt3TihsQAo_PFQpX92IB

Cold left over Crispy Braised Duck Legs from last night.

Just brought the neighbours home from their trip, dropped them off, headed home, stood at the kitchen counter and chowed down, followed by a glass of Viognier, to be followed by several more glasses.

It was posted by someone on Food.com who said it was from 'ny times, courtesy of mark bittman'. It was absolutely delish!

Looks delish, medtran. And ohhh....those homemade chips! :yum: Everyone's dinners sound wonderful so far, I'm sure there'll be more goodness.

I built a smothered burrito for this afternoon's dinner. I recovered some cut up cooked pork and rice from the freezer, and cut up my last avocado. I couldn't finish it all, will probably have the rest for breakfast tomorrow. :) (File photo from a few months ago, I was too hungry to get a new pic.)

Attachments

• pork burrito with homemade pico de gallo.jpg
    pork burrito with homemade pico de gallo.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 141
One of our three Florida guests could not get a flight on stand-by so is staying with us another night and will leave in the morning on another flight. So we ordered take-out pizzas.

My hopes for a quick and easy dinner from Trader Joe's fizzled tonight. It sure wasn't up to par, and only fresh squeezed limes over the top saved it from the disposal. On top of all that, I don't think I'm a big fan of expensive Saffron, so maybe that's a good thing. Nope, this was a TJ miss big time.

img_1511058_0_0a0733cb351651539127ac4413fb0858.jpg

After being steamed alive picking out plants in the local greenhouse (even the ladies ringing up my purchases were complaining about how hot it was) we got takeout pizza.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom