Fruit Tart filling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GA Home Cook

Sous Chef
After perusing through the Recipe section I cannot find a Fruit Tart filling. Fruit is abundant now in the south and I would like to make a few tarts this summer. The filling recipe I have uses Cream Cheese, sugar, heavy cream and vanilla. Anyone have their favs for No bake tarts?

If you don't mind using good old J-E-L-L-O this is an old standby recipe for strawberry pie, don't forget the whipped cream!!! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
Big Boys Strawberry Pie Recipe - Food.com

01466378369.jpeg

After perusing through the Recipe section I cannot find a Fruit Tart filling. Fruit is abundant now in the south and I would like to make a few tarts this summer. The filling recipe I have uses Cream Cheese, sugar, heavy cream and vanilla. Anyone have their favs for No bake tarts?

Are you including the crust as part of "no Bake"?

This filling, can be made and frozen, thawed...not too sweet. I made it first last year for a boston cream pie.
The bavarian cream filling.
I really wanted the filling to be richer than pudding, and I want it to hold up for a few days, so I can make the second one on the week-end. This filling can be refrigerated several days or frozen for 3 months. A pastry cream or pudding might start to break down after a few days because it is thickened with flour or corn starch or custard powder, the bavarian cream is thickened with egg yolks and gelatin.

Put the gelatin in the cold water:
3 Tablespoons cold water
2 1/4 teaspoons gelatin

Whip together the egg yolks and sugar:
4 large egg yolks
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar

Heat the cream and vanilla to boiling:
1 1/2 cups cream
Seeds from one vanilla bean (I used vanilla extract instead)

Whisk, tempering the eggs/sugar with the cream/vanilla, then in the pan, bring up to heat until there are bubbles, then strain into a bowl and whisk in the gelatin/water. Put the bowl over a bowl of ice water to bring to room temperature.

Whip to soft peaks:
1 1/2 cups heavy cream

Gently fold the custard mixture into the soft peaks of cream, cover and refrigerate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom