Whatcha Got Cookin' for Wednesday July 5th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
We had Taco Wednesday. I had a taco salad (heavy on the salad, light on the taco meat which was ground turkey & a bit of ground pork, both of which I do myself). TB had tacos that were heavy on the meat and cheese and light on the veggies!

Between us, we usually get one balanced meal :LOL:

Whatcha havin' at your place?

New world vichyssoise made with boniato instead of potatoes, with a kick using horseradish. Brown bread toasts and a glass of pinot gris to go with.

Pizza. Half with mushrooms, (for me) and half with pepperoni. For Pirate. Two slices was all I could handle. Hit the spot. Well worth the money spent.

The cook wanted grilled cheese sandwiches for about two weeks now. The cook finally got around to making them. :D

Hiimself's was with salami. Mine was with bread-and-butter pickles. For dessert...we split one that had fresh tomato.

Attachments

• 20170705_215831.jpg
    20170705_215831.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 144
Didn't cook unless boiling hard boil eggs counts as cooking. Had a large salad of curly lettuce, a wee bit of iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, red bell pepper, carrots, celery, and thinly sliced red onion. Then I put out the additions: chopped, hard boiled eggs, tuna, feta cheese cubes, capers, and homemade ranchoid dressing. It was really good, but when I was nearly done, I realized that bits of crispy bacon would have kicked it up a notch. There will be homemade strawberry ice cream for dessert.

Potatoes in Alfredo sauce. I added onion, Parmesan cheese, and some chopped ham. It's in the oven now and will probably be done about 10 tonight (I got a very late start on the day).

I had a cold plate for dinner on this hot afternoon. Shrimp cocktail with a side of fresh raspberries, mango, and watermelon. Fixin' to have a bowl of strawberry ice cream and relax in front of the TV. :)

The cook wanted grilled cheese sandwiches for about two weeks now. The cook finally got around to making them. :D

Hiimself's was with salami. Mine was with bread-and-butter pickles. For dessert...we split one that had fresh tomato.

This looks delicious! Now I'm craving grilled cheese, even though dinner is long done. :mrgreen::yum:

Cheryl, you have the option of what we call "Cheater Grilled Cheese". Toast your bread, put the cheese between bread slices, and microwave on low-ish power (30% or 40%) until the cheese just starts to melt. It does melt a wee bit more after the micro is shut off, so it ends up perfectly. Not authentic in the least, but it's quick, dirties only the plate you use, and hits the spot. Use a paper plate and you have nothing to clean off! :LOL:

I made a roast chicken for the boys and curried chicken livers for Caty and I. All had paptert with homemade chakalaka and cheese as a side.

OK, I didn't have potatoes in Alfredo sauce. Note to self: when the recipe says 13 potatoes, 3 are going to be a few too little. I ended up with potato Alfredo soup. It was still good, though.

I made a pie for the first time and it turned out pretty good! I slow cooked some steak and onions and I used left over puff pastry for the crust. It didn't look that pretty but was yum!

I made stuffed zucchini with a zucchini from the garden, along with steamed corn and shredded smoked chicken in homemade barbecue sauce. A few slices of toasted homemade bread on the side. Ice cream for dessert. 0705172047b_HDR.jpg

Leftovers again - tonight will be the last night that I will have leftovers or a couple of nights. DD and family coming in tomorrow evening so am fixing a big pot of spaghetti sauce and will cook a different noodle each night.

Take out Chinese Food. What ever it was that Pirate ordered, I just wolfed it down. I didn't realize how hungry I was.

Back
Top Bottom