Where can I get a fryer with rubber lid sealing ring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fieldmouse

Assistant Cook
I used to have a Tefal Prissima deep fat fryer , which had a rubber sealing ring in the lid . This enabled cooking with the lid closed and prevented oil from escaping if it " frothed up " during frying. It seems all the similar new fryers don't have a sealing ring . Why ?!

I used to have a Tefal Prissima deep fat fryer , which had a rubber sealing ring in the lid . This enabled cooking with the lid closed and prevented oil from escaping if it " frothed up " during frying. It seems all the similar new fryers don't have a sealing ring . Why ?!

I think that would be a question best directed to the OEM, as it is more of a design question and not a question most of us home cooks can answer. Unless they are also cooking appliance design engineers!:)

Welcome to DC!

I don't know that I would ever seal off a boiling pan/box of oil, for frying. Maybe this works in KFC's kitchen but not really in mine. It seems a bit dangerous. I think the seal on the frying box is probably meant to be used for storing oil but not frying food.

I have a pressure cooker, with a rubber seal, used for pressure canning, with water. I can't imagine it would be safe to use for oil frying.

Just one woman's opinion.

I don't know that I would ever seal off a boiling pan/box of oil, for frying. Maybe this works in KFC's kitchen but not really in mine. It seems a bit dangerous. I think the seal on the frying box is probably meant to be used for storing oil but not frying food.

I have a pressure cooker, with a rubber seal, used for pressure canning, with water. I can't imagine it would be safe to use for oil frying.

Just one woman's opinion.

Make that 2 !!!

Back
Top Bottom