Wednesday 8/30/2017 What are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm not positive but I feel like a BLT would hit the spot.

tigger_whats_on_the_menu__082517_P1030531.JPG

We have an abundance of sausage rolls...and the sausages are moldy gone, Fagin. We'll have hot toasted sandwiches, although I bought Leona bologna (seems to be a Northeast Ohio thing) and Loverly said a fried bologna sandwich sounded good - but that was last night. :LOL: We'll see what sounds good to her tonight. Whatever kinds of sandwiches I make, they will be proceeded by fresh salads.

I think I'll be grilling some chicken thighs. Perhaps some form of potato and a veggie. Plans are still nebulous at this point in the day.

BLT's, and pork&cheese meatballs in bbq sauce. Veggie platter, veggie dip.

Wow!
Everything sounds good, especially med & Craig's meal!

I made an early supper again, more like linner ...

001.jpg

Got this in the mail the other day and really wanted to try it out.

005.jpg
006.JPG
007.jpg

I made just one Salmon fillet with a small portion of the marinade,
(it only takes a 15 minute soak)
grilled it up quick like on the gas grill;
basted it with some reserved marinade,
let cool to room temp

009.JPG

and put it top a Greek inspired salad,
served with a nice hunk-o-Ciabatta
and a glass of crisp White Wine for moi
and Iced Tea for DH

MMM!

Just in the nick of time too,
the Monsoon rains are starting up with a vengeance!

Last edited:
Wild Boar bacon...we sell it at the deli..a local producer. It is very pancetta like with very little smoke flavor...perfect for my favorite pasta..carbonara..

Attachments

• qBagQ1Q.jpg
    qBagQ1Q.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 21268698_10154759431852401_472077592_n.jpg
    21268698_10154759431852401_472077592_n.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 131
  • dLsCDHG.jpg
    dLsCDHG.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 151
Kayelle, bless her heart is in her day camp BBQing chicken thighs marinated in Gochujong and Goya Mojo Crillo. i made the salads, and we are also having Tater Tots.
I like them better than french fries.

WOW...drooling at everyone's wonderful sounding and looking dinners this evening. :yum:

I was planning on grilling a flank steak for carne asada, but the wind and and a little rain came up this afternoon, so that'll be for tomorrow. Ended up with a tuna melt on rye with a side of melon. I bought a couple of muskmelons at the local farm stand yesterday...they are so sweet and delicious that even unopened, I could smell them in the car on the 2 mile trip home. :yum:

Beth...frito pie. :yum: Gosh, it's been way too long since I've had that. Thanks for the reminder, MUST make it again.

Kgirl...wow, looks great. Nice grill marks, girl! :)

LOL Andy! When we were on a couples' bowling league, the wife of the other couple told Himself she'd like a "rum and Diet Coke" when he was doing a bar run. He teased her mercilessly, but she kept insisting she had to manage calories somehow! She wouldn't drink regular Coke just so she could have the rum. Smart woman. ;)

Chef John had a video for his take on Rice-a-Roni and since I had the pasta and the rice, I decided to try it. It was edible, but I think with the boxed stuff going for less than a dollar, I'll stick to that. Flavor wise, what I made tonight wasn't as good.

Of course, I was using a powdered chicken broth mix and I didn't have nearly enough for the recipe, but still. I just wasn't swept off my feet.

LOL Andy! When we were on a couples' bowling league, the wife of the other couple told Himself she'd like a "rum and Diet Coke" when he was doing a bar run. He teased her mercilessly, but she kept insisting she had to manage calories somehow! She wouldn't drink regular Coke just so she could have the rum. Smart woman. ;)

I drink Diet Coke (not decaf) because I like the taste. Regular coke is too sweet and I don't like Pepsi in all its forms. Diet Coke and Limon!;)

Had a Chicken that really needed to be done up. Fell in love with the sound of the Peruvian chicken recipe that Steve K posted yesterday so...

Spatchcocked that little baby, rubbed on the rub (which is delish!), tossed on the grill and away we went.

I only had 1 Jalapeno when the recipe called for 3, but the farmer at the market told me his jalapeno's were really hot this year. I left the seeds in figuring it would make up the other 2 missing peppers. Was glad I only had the one! It was perfect hot for me, any hotter and I would not have enjoyed it as much. Even then there was just a tiny tiny smear per bite!

Grilled peaches and zucchini on a bed of spinach! THANK YOU STEVE!!!

Attachments

• 20170830_200057.jpg
    20170830_200057.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 20170830_200105.jpg
    20170830_200105.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 20170830_200122.jpg
    20170830_200122.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 96
Back
Top Bottom