TGIF Dinner Plans - Sept 15/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I grabbed ever bag in the freezer with fries veggies and frozen potato product and fried three burgers and made sauce and that was dinner.

We are having friends over for dinner and then going out dancing. Dh is grilling the rainbow trout he caught two weeks ago, I'm fixing a pasta salad and cucumber salad and they are bringing pie for dessert.

I've been craving a burrito that I recreate from the ones at my favorite little family run Mexican restaurant. They are just delicious. :yum: The filling is chopped carne asada, rice, refried beans, onion, and cilantro, then the burrito is smothered with salsa verde. I like to top them with chopped tomato and a little more cilantro.

So that'll be this afternoon's dinner. I'll probably also have the other half of the avocado that I had with breakfast this morning, with a tall glass of iced tea with lemon to wash it all down.

Last edited:
Going to have the tostadas (or dastards, according to spellcheck) which we were supposed to have last night.. um.. we switched those out for banana splits (I so love being in my 3rd childhood)..

Ross

The plan is to grill a pork tenderloin, roast some brussel sprouts, and cook some pasta or rice. However, the plan is dependent upon the showers going through right now disappearing according to the weatherman's predictions. Plan B is to cook everything inside.

No hostages here :LOL: Or dastards either, at last I checked.

Roasted cauliflower cheese soup is on the agenda.

Last edited:
Going to a Twins game tonight, so I'm guessing dinner will likely be some sort of ballpark fare, washed down with a diet coke. :)
Hope you have fun and, as my Mom always said, "Bring home a winner". Doesn't matter if you win or not, though, since the Indians may just never lose again! :LOL: I doubt that, though. Indeed, I may have just jinxed them with my comment. We'll find out in about 4 hours. Whatever happens, it's been a lot of fun. :w00t:

I get to cook! In my own kitchen! And I didn't have to go out shopping today. Tomorrow is another day. In the meantime, tonight's meal is scallop pieces and Brussels sprouts cooked with bacon, a rice mix of white and long grained on the side, and a tossed salad. Size of salads depends on how much I can stretch the iceberg and napa...

Photos later, maybe.

We were holding some chicken snd leftover bread hostage in the freezer, as well as parm R., eggs, lettuce, and various condiments in the fridge. So, we made them into a chicken ceaser and ATE them.

Dinner:

Grilled NY Strip Steaks (Mesquite & Hickory Chips Used)
Mashed potatoes (Butter, Sour Cream & Bacon & Chives Potato Seasoning added)
Steamed broccoli
Homemade Steak dipping sauce

Dessert will be:

A slice of Date Nut bread with cream cheese

strip_steak_091517_1_IMG_2828.jpg

strip_steak_091517_2_IMG_2832.JPG

Last edited:
Grilled Ball Park hot dogs (they plump when you cook 'em), with Bush's baked beans on the side (no talking dog, just psycho-poodle).

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom