Hey everyone, what's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
Hello! My name's Joel. My profile is a little misleading. "Private chef" means unemployed, and "food demonstrator" is when I go to my mother-in-law's house to show her a new sauce I've discovered. So I stretch the truth a bit!;)

I love to cook. I love to eat. There isn't much I won't try culinarily and I love complicated recipes with layered flavors that take hours and lots of love to make. But I'm not averse to a hack now and then either!

My husband thinks I'm a sauce genius; I'll take that, even though his opinion is based largely on my very basic chicken piccata. He also likes my tiramisu, another recipe, not an innovation. But my oven-fried fish sandwiches are really good, and I make a mean chicken tikka masala!

I love ethnic cuisines; Japanese food is my comfort food. I lived and worked and self-taught myself to cook in Osaka, Japan, so if you wanna make me happy, ebi okonomiyaki with lots of sauce and Kewpie mayo will make me grin! Sushi is about the rice, and you can't make yakitori with steak, because yakitori literally means "grilled bird." Indian cuisine is another of my palate passions, and my latest exploration is into Korean cuisine, not for any political reason, I just like bibimbap (eating it AND saying it!).

Please say hi! And if you know anyone in the Las Vegas valley who wants a personal chef for a small event or just a weekly family dinner, please tell them about me! Make sure to stress my modesty!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom