Thursday, 9-21-17, what are you making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C.O.R.N. (Clean Out Refrigerator Night). I have no idea what is in there that I can make into a meal, but it is so full I don't think I could get one more blue lid container in there.

If I end up dumping so much of it that I can't assemble a meal, I will make the pepperoni & mushroom pizza I didn't make yesterday.

taco flavored zucchini boats and a scoop of corn on the side. Mostly because I couldn't decide if I wanted corn in the filling or not. Figgie newtons as an appy uh-huh, and more for dessert.

Bell peppers were on sale for $1.49 a pound. We'll be having my tweaked version of Ina Garten's Panzanella Salad. *smacks head* I forgot to buy basil...

Riff away! It's not like I have a real, set recipe. :LOL: If your whiny 10-year-old husband likes it, you will have a winner dinner![/QUOTE]

:ROFLMAO:
I'll let ya know... dinner in 30 or so :chef:

Lamb, fava beans, potatoes...
NkOxSdx.jpg

Nice lamb!

We had takeout from the Thai place. I had tom kha soup with shrimp, and DH had green curry.

Last edited:
I am attempting a riff on CG's Smothered Chicken.

Bell peppers were on sale for $1.49 a pound. We'll be having my tweaked version of Ina Garten's Panzanella Salad. *smacks head* I forgot to buy basil...

Riff away! It's not like I have a real, set recipe. :LOL: If your whiny 10-year-old husband likes it, you will have a winner dinner!

Riff away! It's not like I have a real, set recipe. :LOL: If your whiny 10-year-old husband likes it, you will have a winner dinner![/QUOTE]

:ROFLMAO:
I'll let ya know... dinner in 30 or so :chef:

Well, as far as DH was concerned this was a no go!
"It's too dry and I really don't want to eat any more chicken, please"

013.JPG

014.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.JPG

022.JPG

I brined the halved b/s chicken breasts (they were HUGE, almost 17 oz), sauteed the veg, par cooked the bacon
(well, maybe a bit too crisp, but it's bacon),
baked the chicken, topped it, melted the cheese (swiss for DH and pepper jack for moi),
I thought it was DELICIOUS!! Not dry at all, very flavorful, thank you CG!
DH's just not into chicken right now I suppose. :ermm:
(*note-might I add that some medications can throw a person's taste buds off kilter too; DH has been way far off his game as of late, not too much taste good to him at all *shrug*)

Looks good to me! I'm glad I don't have to try and cook around your guy's likes and dislikes. Maybe it is the meds. IF you try it again, use boneless/skinless thighs if you guys like dark meat. I do not like thighs because of the ickies, so I don't cook them. When I made this earlier in the week, I did a little pan-fry on the uncut breasts, then covered them and simmered until they were done. I then cut them into cutlets, and were they ever juicy! I never brine my breasts (unless they go outside on the grill) and I don't buy "enhanced" breasts from the store. I don't need to spend my money on 15% salt water! :LOL:

Tonight's panzanella. :yum: Last of the year, no matter HOW cheap peppers get. :LOL:

Attachments

• 20170921_212124.jpg
    20170921_212124.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 132
I brined the halved b/s chicken breasts (they were HUGE, almost 17 oz),)

1+ lb breasts? Holy moly.

I've dated girls...

nevermind.:neutral:

I was helping my buddy with his boat in Liberty Marina tonight, so I picked up dinner on the way into work. I stopped at a Halal cart when I got near work in Hell's Kitchen (46th and 8th? give or take).

I got spiced chicken over yellow rice and a salad, all topped with "white sauce", and an almost painful hot sauce. The guy looked at me sideways when I asked for an extra squirt of hot sauce after he warned me.

Only a chili head could understand why it was extra good.

KGirl - I do a chicken that my family likes which is very similar. Its my take on Longhorn's rocky top chicken - BS chicken breast grill or baked, bacon honey BBQ sauce with LOTS of honey, peppered bacon with Jalapeno Colby cheese melted and scallions scattered on top. You can also take HOT Italian sausage and slice long way and brown and sub for the bacon. Very good.

I broiled some tomatoes with shredded cheddar jack cheese on top, fixed some bacon, sliced cucumbers, and a couple of English muffins - and that's what was for dinner yesterday.

I ended up with 2 chicken enchiladas with salsa verde and crema Mexicana, and Charro beans, but the leftover Charro bean container had a red lid. Does that count?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom