Friday 10/27/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight will be grilled (hickory and mesquite smoke chips) porterhouse steak, corn on the cob and macaroni salad.

I got good sale on porterhouse and shell steaks, $4.77/lb. so I picked up 2 (2 steaks in each package - each package about 2 lb.) of each cut. I use 1 package to feed 4 people.

Last edited:
Late breakfast, early dinner..

Biscuits and Italian sausage gravy topped with an over easy egg..

Ramekin peach pies for later..

Ross

Attachments

• Biscuits & Gravy 001.jpg
    Biscuits & Gravy 001.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 120
We are having a garden salad with lasagna and of course garlic bread. Banana cream pie for dessert...much later tonight.

What is a shell steak?
Shell steak and strip steak are the same cut. The name on the package depends on your location. Shell/strip steak is also the long/fat side of a porterhouse/T-bone steak.

Shell/Strip steak

strip_steak_new_york_strip_1_635573358943362987.jpg

Porterhouse/T-bone steak

2014-nat-porterhouse-680.jpg

Last edited:
It's biscuits and gravy night here too. with homemade hashbrowns. I figure I will make eggs to go with leftover B&G for breakfast tomorry. Extra biscuit with homemade raspberry jam for dessert.

We're going on a road trip to get our pup and so we get to stop anywhere we want to south of the border. TB has never been to Jack in the Box and it has been years since I have. Is it still good?

I am taking a bunch of snacks to hold us over. We want to get to Seattle and the airport area first because we can then relax. The plane lands at 9 pm but it will take awhile with customs as there is more than one dog coming and all of the other passengers.

We're going on a road trip to get our pup and so we get to stop anywhere we want to south of the border. TB has never been to Jack in the Box and it has been years since I have. Is it still good?

I am taking a bunch of snacks to hold us over. We want to get to Seattle and the airport area first because we can then relax. The plane lands at 9 pm but it will take awhile with customs as there is more than one dog coming and all of the other passengers.

Jack in the Box has the fattiest foods on the planet... so of course it tastes good. :LOL:

CD

Jack in the Box is our favorite... The 6 years we lived in Missouri, we had to drive 100 miles to get to one.. And we did... :LOL: Not often but, we don't do fast food all that often anyway.. :)
Ross

Have fun and be safe, LP! Can't wait to see more pics of Cupcake - LOVE that name, btw.

We have a Jack In The Box a mile or so away, but I don't know much about their menu. :)

After visiting my MIL at the nursing home, I made pan-fried pork chops with a creamy Dijon mustard sauce, baked potatoes and salad for DH, my FIL and me.

I had a steamed artichoke with lemon butter for dipping, and a few slices of leftover rib eye from yesterday.

DW fried shrimp and pan fried dumplings while I sliced up some tuna, mackerel, and white tuna for sashimi, and I made a fishcake roll.

Attachments

• 1027171714b_HDR.jpg
    1027171714b_HDR.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 1027171704a_HDR.jpg
    1027171704a_HDR.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 1027171703b_HDR.jpg
    1027171703b_HDR.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 99
Holy cow, Bucky....you're killin' me with that wonderful looking dinner spread! You must have finally got an evening off from work. :D :chef: :yum:

Last edited:
Wings marinaded in fresh oregano and basil from the garden, lots of diced garlic, and EVOO for 24 hours. Cooked sous vide until cooked through, and tossed on the grill to crisp up and add some color.

They were great. Next time I make them, I need to have some Marinara sauce for dipping. That would have been perfect.

CD

Attachments

• SusVideSetUp.jpg
    SusVideSetUp.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 87
  • ItalWings.jpg
    ItalWings.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 90
No biscuits and gravy here, but we did have southern. Ham-and-beans-and-collard greens with fresh bakery bread. Getting my taste buds all whetted for road trippin' next week.

Attachments

• 20171027_231809.jpg
    20171027_231809.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 89

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom