Dream cottage....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I kinda like the one below. :)

Nahhh... I'm kidding. I'm actually pretty fond of where I live right now.

French-Chateau.jpg

Yeah, I saw that cottage video a few weeks back.
I'm constantly looking at tiny homes and RV life videos on YouTube. Our current home is way to big for us now....if we can just do away with the prop tax everything would be fine...

Yeah, I saw that cottage video a few weeks back.
I'm constantly looking at tiny homes and RV life videos on YouTube. Our current home is way to big for us now....if we can just do away with the prop tax everything would be fine...

Toyota is moving their US Headquarters to about 8 miles from my house. The LA folk moving here from the old HQ are buying up our homes for double what we paid for them. My 1,620 SF custom home would be over a million out there.

If I do sell, I actually want a smaller home. That is VERY un-Texan. People here wonder how I live in my current "tiny" house. LOL They are amazed that I have two rooms I don't use.

Like others here, I am really drawn to the tiny-house movement, although I'm not sure I want to go all-in for an 80 SF house -- and don't care much for wheels on a house.

CD

Truth be told, since I'm dreaming, I'd like that adorable cottage I posted to be twice the actual size at 1200 sq ft. because then it would be perfect. :wub:

I personally can't see the point in the tiny houses on wheels, when you can easily purchase a tricked out large travel trailer with pop outs, and go anywhere with it.

That's an interesting concept you posted GG.

Last edited:
I seriously think that kitchen has more cupboards than mine!

It is a cutie, Kayelle. 1200 square feet would be better, though. I might be able to do that.

Hmmm...what a fun thread! Interesting pictures posted! It's getting late and I'll have to think about what would be my forever dream home. :wub: All I know right now is that it would have to be single story - probably won't be wanting to climb stairs multiple times a day in my later years. :)

Last edited:
Hmmm...what a fun thread! Interesting pictures posted! It's getting late and I'll have to think about what would be my forever dream home. :wub: All I know right now is that it would have to be one story. :)

An open layout 2-story seemed like a good idea when I built my current house -- in Texas. I basically built a brick and mortar hot air balloon. On the coldest days of winter, however few, it is 85 degrees upstairs, and 65 degrees downstairs. So, yes, if I had it to do again, my house would be one-story. :ermm:

CD

Hmmm...what a fun thread! Interesting pictures posted! It's getting late and I'll have to think about what would be my forever dream home. :wub: All I know right now is that it would have to be single story - probably won't be wanting to climb stairs multiple times a day in my later years. [emoji2]
Since it's my dream home, of course my UFO houseboat will have an elevator ;)

Last edited:
Toyota is moving their US Headquarters to about 8 miles from my house. The LA folk moving here from the old HQ are buying up our homes for double what we paid for them.

I drove by the old Toyota headquarters yesterday on my way to Sam's Club and noticed all the Toyota signs and logos gone, and their huge lot empty. When I drove by just a week ago business seemed normal. It's a huge facility taking up an entire city block.

Last edited:
Like others here, I am really drawn to the tiny-house movement, although I'm not sure I want to go all-in for an 80 SF house -- and don't care much for wheels on a house.
I don't mind the house-on-wheels idea. Think about it. If you really didn't like your neighbors, you could simply take your house and move it to a new neighborhood. :LOL:

I would go batty in a house that was only 80 sq ft, though. I need more room than that for my wine collection alone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom