Saturday Supper - 11/25/2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Mid 50's today, so it's grilling time. Burgers on the grill, oven fries, green salad.

I just noticed that nobody ate yesterday. That or Thanksgiving dinner kept on going from Thursday.

We had Thai, Japanese take-out Friday night.

Tonight, we are having a recipe that a couple of people on another forum made and liked, pork stew with hot and sweet peppers from Abruzzo. The peppers are red bells with a couple of serranos, plus canned tomatoes, onions, garlic, red wine, and fennel seed. The pork is pork butt cubes. It's supposed to be served over polenta, but apparently I had a brain glitch and pulled out the grits, close enough I guess. Parm R went in the grits. Pics to follow. We've got about 10-15 more minutes of cook time.

We had Thanksgiving dinner redux last night: sliced turkey warmed in gravy and stock over baked stuffing with sautéed green beans.

Tonight I'm going to steam some frozen pork bao buns I bought at an international grocery store and serve them with a sauce made with hoisin sauce, soy sauce and some ginger-infused sherry (I keep my fresh ginger in a jar of sherry in the fridge).

I'm also making a green salad with a ginger-soy dressing.

It came out pretty darn good.

Attachments

• 2017-11-25 17.59.38.jpg
    2017-11-25 17.59.38.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 119
Salisbury steak & gravy over noodles... Didn't have a veggie and tired of green salad so, just called it a comfort meal..

Blackberry cobbler for later.. That's comfort food too... ;)

Ross

I haven't had a sick cold for years, but here I am. Ack. SC made me Matzo Ball soup for lunch. The only other time I've had it was on a cruise ship, and his was much better.
We've had record breaking high temps for several days, so I grilled up some wings, and SC made a salad for dinner.

...I just noticed that nobody ate yesterday. That or Thanksgiving dinner kept on going from Thursday.
It was T-Day 2.0 at our house yesterday.

It's supposed to be soup weather by now, so I bought a good sized bone-in ham to bake. Our ham slices were accompanied by roasted carrots (Aleppo pepper and orange blossom honey - the honey being a gift from tinlizzie :heart: ), roasted beets with cinnamon, and steamed asparagus.

Attachments

• 20171125_203515.jpg
    20171125_203515.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 172
Mom and I had Chinese Friday night, thanks to our new neighbor across the street. Her son and grandson came down and brought her enough for a week (her words) so she split it with us.

We had subs last night - ham & cheese for Mom, Chicken Bacon Ranch for me.

We had Thanksgiving dinner redux last night: sliced turkey warmed in gravy and stock over baked stuffing with sautéed green beans.

Tonight I'm going to steam some frozen pork bao buns I bought at an international grocery store and serve them with a sauce made with hoisin sauce, soy sauce and some ginger-infused sherry (I keep my fresh ginger in a jar of sherry in the fridge).

I'm also making a green salad with a ginger-soy dressing.
This turned out pretty good. I googled several recipes for the ginger-soy dressing used in Japanese restaurants; most of them had at least a dozen ingredients, which I thought was overkill. I simplified it to soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, grated ginger, canola oil and a pinch of sugar.
1125171922.jpg

Back
Top Bottom