Vegan Tofu Hot dogs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CakePoet

Head Chef
Vegan Tofu Hot dogs. 8- 10

500 gram firm tofu
2 teaspoon paprika
0.5 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
0.5 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoon mushroom soy sauce or tamari soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
100 ml oatmeal
2tablespoon potato flour strach
2 tablespoon rice flour

Mix the oatmeal to a flour, then add the rest to the mixer and mix to a smooth batter.
Use vegan sausage casings or use food grade plastic wrap for cooking, to make 8 or 10 sausages.
With the casings just stuff the whole length then twist in to 8- 10 sausages and with plastic wrap make 8 or 10 balls, roll them out to a sausage and wrap in plastic, twist the ends and tie with strings.
Heat up water and salt in a pot, add the sausages to the boiling water and pull down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove from the water, cool and if using plastic remove the plastic. leave over night so the flavours mature and then next day grill or fry.

Well it just the thing finding good tofu, which is hard outside Japan, I have shop that carries Japanese tofu, it is such a taste difference from the European made.

Everything looks good except the first ingredient. :glare:

CD :LOL:

I have to agree with Casey. I eat tofu in hot and sour soup when I'm at a Chinese restaurant. That is the only time I eat it. I don't really know what it's supposed to taste like, and I don't really care to know. I'm just thankful that I have no medical needs or ethical qualms over eating meat. I don't think I could survive as a vegan.

Commercially available Vegan and veggie dogs are uniformly too salty and taste fo food chemistry imo so I may give this a try.

Have you considered adding a little fennel sage to the blend? Might increase the pork-ish flavor quotient....

How about stuffing them into a casing?

Well I said you can use vegan casings but I dont know how they behave at all. Since they are expensive here so I only used food grade cooking plastic and wrapped them up well and cooked them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom