Amazon Go The New Way To Shop For Your Groceries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I read about this new grocery to open and thought, hmmm, I'm not so sure about this, but ...

https://www.thekitchn.com/the-new-a...witter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=managed

amazon go.jpg
[photo courtesy of Ryan Petersen]

WOW!

My wife is interested in this, but for me, no.

I like food shopping. I like to choose what I think is the best of what's available, plus what's available/on sale gives me inspiration on what I'll cook.

My wife is interested in this, but for me, no.

I like food shopping. I like to choose what I think is the best of what's available, plus what's available/on sale gives me inspiration on what I'll cook.

Same here, Bucky. I enjoy food shopping for the very reasons you mentioned. I like to take my time, browse, and pick and choose what I want. We only have 2 grocery stores within a hundred mile radius here and they are never crowded. Well, maybe a day or two before a major holiday. :)

I am just certain that I posted in this thread, but my post isn't here. Am I losing my mind?

CD

Yes.

You happened to mention that you ordered tiny prawns wrapped in Taylor Ham from Amazon, but they don't deliver to you yet...

I agree guys, I LOVE to grocery shop.
I browse, I look, I touch, I check pricing, compare, get inspired by something new and different.
I DO NOT like the idea of cameras watching my every move (although I'm sure they probably already are), what I pick up, etc, that bothers me. What if I get charged for something I didn't actually buy, but simply looked at, egads!
How do you dispute charges?
I like shopping at places like Trader Joe's where I know I can take back any item that I truly do not care for, like the other day. I tried their Pizza Sauce and we didn't care for it. I took back the opened jar as well as an unopened jar and got a full refund to by bill.
Will there be customer service available at these Amazon Go Stores?

Yes.

You happened to mention that you ordered tiny prawns wrapped in Taylor Ham from Amazon, but they don't deliver to you yet...

You are quite the smarta$$... my kind of people. Next time I'm in NYC, we need to meet up for a beer. ;)

CD

Agreed. I'll buy the Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese sandwiches after we close some place, or get thrown out; whichever comes first.

I am an unshopper, half of what goes in my basket goes back on the shelf. I can't imagine the mess my bill would be.

I don't think I'm ready for the grocery store.

I'm imagining it in a self service fast food restaurant, sort of McDonald's meets the Automat.

Is Sam's Club In Competition With Amazon Go?

I was watching the "ABC" channels on television last night, I don't do that often...
and I saw a commercial for this:

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/pagedetails/content.jsp?pageName=scan-and-go

Is Sam Walton & Family going to try hard to compete with Amazon GO?

Dunno, but the Sam's Club in our neck of the woods is closing tomorrow!
Hmmm :turned:

Let's see, me, BT, Ross and K-Girl on a night out in NYC. Yeah, that would be an intimidating group, I'm sure of it. :punk:

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom