Catfish, stuffed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
Cat fish, stuffed

:)
I made this for Paul and I last night and it was WONDERFUL!! I love catfish. He was unsure about it until I made this now, I think he'll eat it whenever I make it. I think this would also taste good on Sole.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds catfish fillets ( I had two fillets.)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon lemon juice.

Stuffing
1 cup fresh soft bread crumbs
3 tablespoons lite cream cheese ( I only had regular)
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon choped celery
1 Tablespoon chopped onion
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

8 slices bacon

Directions:
Season fish with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, then sprinkle it with lemon juice.

In a bowl, combine bread crumbs with cream cheese, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, celery, onion, parsley, thyme, garlic salt and pepper.

Divide stuffing between the fish fillets. I spread it out all over the fish.. but, the directions say put it all at one end. Roll fish around stuffing.

Fry bacon until done but not crispy.
Wrap two or three pieces of bacon around fish and secure with toothpicks.
Place catfish rolls in a lightly greased baking dish.
( I buttered the dish and then added a small amount of EVOO).

Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with pricked wit a fork. Serve with lemon wedges.

I endded up cooking mine for closer to 25 minutes...they were pretty darn thick. Also..I didn't measure the lemon juice. I just started squeezing the lemon over the fish and in the stuffing also. Also.. the recipe didn't call for garlic salt in the stuffing. Just plain salt. But, you all know how I love garlic, so I added it instead.
:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom