ISO how to recreate discontinued Kraft BBQ sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exquisite Epicurean

Assistant Cook
Hello, I was very upset to find out today after emailing Kraft asking where to find their wonderful Sweet and Sour BBQ Sauce that it's been discontinued. I have used this sauce for decades on pork and chicken and am at a loss.

If anyone is familiar with this sauce and knows either another brand that tastes nearly identical, or how to recreate it so it tastes the same, do please tell me.

I joined this forum just to ask about this, so I do hope someone has some good news for me.

00068100078503_a1l1.jpg

ingredients

Ok, after checking out the one posters answer of two different recipes, it's obvious he's never used the Kraft product I'm talking about, since the recipes he gave have nothing in common with the product I'm speaking about. Unless you've used the Kraft product and really know what it's like, please don't answer.

This is the list of ingredients on the Kraft bottle.

sugar/glucose-fructose, water, vinegar, pineapple juice concentrate, modified corn starch, canola oil, salt, cooking molasses, spices and seasonings, hydrolyzed soy protein (flavor enhancer), dried onions, xanthan gum (thickener), color, natural flavor.

That is exactly how it appears on the label, so anything with ketchup or soy sauce or any other type of sweet and sour sauce recipe is a no go.

Ok, after checking out the one posters answer of two different recipes, it's obvious he's never used the Kraft product I'm talking about, since the recipes he gave have nothing in common with the product I'm speaking about. Unless you've used the Kraft product and really know what it's like, please don't answer.

sugar/glucose-fructose, water, vinegar, pineapple juice concentrate, modified corn starch, canola oil, salt, cooking molasses, spices and seasonings, hydrolyzed soy protein (flavor enhancer), dried onions, xanthan gum (thickener), color, natural flavor.

That is exactly how it appears on the label, so anything with ketchup or soy sauce or any other type of sweet and sour sauce recipe is a no go.
Being rude is no way to get an answer.

I've never seen that Kraft product in my area of the US. Beside that, I generally don't want the majority of that crap in a BBQ sauce. Probably why I mostly make my own, with very few exceptions. Good luck in your search for what I consider garbage!:rolleyes:

Get some regular Kraft barbecue sauce and add sugar, vinegar and pineapple juice till you like the flavor. Measure as you go so you can recreate it.

Get some regular Kraft barbecue sauce and add sugar, vinegar and pineapple juice till you like the flavor. Measure as you go so you can recreate it.

The most sensible answer here, thank you.

To the others that felt the need to reply when they did not need to, I didn't realize asking for help from someone that actually knew was "being rude."

Hello, I was very upset to find out today after emailing Kraft asking where to find their wonderful Sweet and Sour BBQ Sauce that it's been discontinued. I have used this sauce for decades on pork and chicken and am at a loss.

If anyone is familiar with this sauce and knows either another brand that tastes nearly identical, or how to recreate it so it tastes the same, do please tell me.

I joined this forum just to ask about this, so I do hope someone has some good news for me.

00068100078503_a1l1.jpg

Try here: They have 5 store locations in Canada. You're welcome in advance, heh. :cool:

https://www.iga.net/en/product/sweet--sour-bbq-sauce/00000_000000006810007850

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom