Making Simmer Burner Weaker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PianoAl

Cook
I would like the simmer burner on my gas stove to be weaker. Even at low, things boil pretty strongly.

I bought one of these:

81xzDoZcEUL._SL1500_.jpg

but it doesn't seem to make a big difference.

Any other suggestions? Put pot off-center? Put a frying pan under the saucepan?

Thanks.

If it's a new stove still under warranty, I'd call for warranty service and have the burners adjusted. If it's not under warranty, you could pay for a service call.

Otherwise, you will be fiddling with jury-rigged solutions for the rest of the stove's life. I know I would not be able to deal with that.

Put pot off-center? Put a frying pan under the saucepan?

I doubt off-centre will change much but go a-head and try.

AND I highly recommend you do NOT put a frying pan under the saucepan - you could easily have a melt-down with metal on metal.

My diffuser seems to work pretty well - I have the same one. Do you have any cast iron pots? the thickness should help.

You have my sympathies on the lack of ability to adjust the flames more. Again, I have the same problem. Have been told repeatedly that they are adjusted as far as possible.

I've had gas stoves pretty much all my life and these are the first ones that I can't adjust down to my liking. Should there ever be another purchase I will insist to be able to try the flames or have it written in somewhere as a guarantee to my liking the flames.

If it's a new stove still under warranty, I'd call for warranty service and have the burners adjusted. If it's not under warranty, you could pay for a service call.

Otherwise, you will be fiddling with jury-rigged solutions for the rest of the stove's life. I know I would not be able to deal with that.

+1. Mechanical things wear out and break down over time. I just spent almost $500 to replace valves and ignitors for my gas stove (instead of $1600 to replace it) because the burners weren't working properly. Now it will last at least another 10 years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom