10/10/17 Taco Tuesday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
ground beef tacos.jpg
[file photo]

Yupper, that's what I'm making for dinner tonight.
I went freezer diving and came up with some ground
Beef Taco filling.
We like ours on Flour Tortillas rather than Corn,
don't know why, we just do.
Toppings tbd ...

What's going on your plate?

Yuppers 2.

No more spin the wheel or aim at the dart board only to find it's taco Wednesday or somethhing. Taco Tuesday is right on the money today.

Hard shell, pretty good seasoned burger mix, shredded not torn lettuce, sliced avocado, Colby cheese, fine diced cuke and jalapenos, Herdez hot salsa.

The only debate is whether to make refried beans and right now I'm voting yes.

Whisk, y'know I have had a hard shell Taco in forever!
My Dad use to make that for us, and he'd say "... if a
Taco doesn't drip down your elbow, it wasn't made it." :)

That's what I forgot to say Ross, DESSERT!!
I have a half-sized homemade Rum Cake with whipped cream
for later :yum:
Did you get your half-sized Bundt pan yet Ross?

Good ol' BFS tonight...or Breakfast For Supper. I had part of a loaf of challah bread (with raisins) that needed using up, so I assembled overnight French toast last night. Looked a little dry when I took it out to bake today, so I added another egg, plus 1/4 cup half-and-half. Baked it in the toaster oven, and got a couple of racing stripes on the top when it rose too high. :LOL: A little syrup, you couldn't tell. ;) Also made fried apple slices and breakfast sausages. We ate early for us, so if Himself gets hungry later he can fend for himself. :D

Attachments

• 20171010_180832.jpg
    20171010_180832.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 161
Whisk, y'know I have had a hard shell Taco in forever!
My Dad use to make that for us, and he'd say "... if a
Taco doesn't drip down your elbow, it wasn't made it." :)

That's what I forgot to say Ross, DESSERT!!
I have a half-sized homemade Rum Cake with whipped cream
for later :yum:
Did you get your half-sized Bundt pan yet Ross?

Not yet... I will eventually tho... :ermm:

Ross

Tacos sound good right now, but I'm having leftover pecan smoked sausage on a bun tonight.

I got some veal Scaloppine from the Manager's Special section at Kroger, and I am planning to do something with that tomorrow.

Oh, oh K-Girl... I found ONE package of Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets at Kroger today. Score! That is dessert tonight.

CD

SO, GD, DD (from FL) and I drove up to Mt. Washington (NH) to check out the foliage and took a ride to the top of Mt. Washington on the cog railway.

Kinda tired when we got home so we had L/O empanadas and chicken taco soup. So that kinda qualifies as an official Taco Tuesday meal.

Good ol' BFS tonight...or Breakfast For Supper. I had part of a loaf of challah bread (with raisins) that needed using up, so I assembled overnight French toast last night. Looked a little dry when I took it out to bake today, so I added another egg, plus 1/4 cup half-and-half. Baked it in the toaster oven, and got a couple of racing stripes on the top when it rose too high. :LOL: A little syrup, you couldn't tell. ;) Also made fried apple slices and breakfast sausages. We ate early for us, so if Himself gets hungry later he can fend for himself. :D

Wow, you did eat early, CG! Looks and sounds delish. I don't usually read about your dinners until the following day. :LOL: ;) :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast for dinner here this afternoon as well....ham, bell pepper, and asparagus omelet, with a side of toasted rye bread, and watermelon.

Last edited:
I wish it were Taco Tuesday!

I went grocery shopping today - finally. Will someone tell me how I can walk into a store to get chicken and cheese and end up spending over $70? Anyway, I hit six stores and the bank today and I was wiped out when I got home with my back aching like crazy. A half hour nap in the wrong position finished me. I was too sore to attempt any cooking tonight, so the best I came up with for supper was two small cans of Beanie Weenies. And a couple of aspirin.

I think I'm getting too old for all this running around.

I thought I had taco shells, I didn't. :( I felt like gringo tacos tonight ground beef style. I had the sharp cheddar cheese, the lettuce, the tomato, and hot Picante sauce.

Last edited:
We were going to have left overs from Thanksgiving, but as I was setting the table I suddenly had the urge for Indian food. Stirling thought that sounded good, so he ordered some and it was an excellent meal.

Back
Top Bottom