10/12/17, What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going with an anchovy, black olive and pepperoncini pizza. I just need to decide between New York style (round and thin) or Sicilian style (rectangle and thick)

We had our annual Diwali festival (more info here) potluck at work yesterday. I made Chicken Makhani (aka Butter Chicken) and Lamb Vindaloo. The vindaloo was gone in about 10 minutes. I managed to stash away some of the makhani, though. That's what I'm having for dinner tonight.

xKn4osf.jpg

United Way take and bake lasagna and garlic bread will make an appearance here.

Did you use ditalini for the mac-and-cheese, Ross? It looks cute.

We have leftover stuffed cabbage, and maybe enough leftover potatoes for Himself. I'm roasting a bunch of veggies, so we'll have our pick from butternut squash, cauliflower, and beets.

I might cut up a peach and introduce it to the last of the blueberries, top it with a bit of vanilla ice cream, and call it dessert.

Did you use ditalini for the mac-and-cheese, Ross? It looks cute.

We have leftover stuffed cabbage, and maybe enough leftover potatoes for Himself. I'm roasting a bunch of veggies, so we'll have our pick from butternut squash, cauliflower, and beets.

I might cut up a peach and introduce it to the last of the blueberries, top it with a bit of vanilla ice cream, and call it dessert.

Sorry CG... That's mac salad, not mac & Cheese... OH... and just plain old salad macaroni... :)

Ross

Last edited:
I went to Fort Worth (pronounced Foat Wuth by the locals), and while there, we ate at Kincaid's Hamburger's (Since 1946). I had a 1/2 pound cheeseburger with a side of fried okra, so that was my big meal for the day. Just grazing tonight.

CD

Also having meatloaf surrounded by garlic and chive potatoes. After I've eaten and am not hungry anymore (right, who am I kidding?), I might make a cream cheese and lemon pie this evening.

Droolworthy pics this evening, all! :yum:

I had a bowl of leftover split pea soup, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Toasted buttered sourdough and the last of the watermelon for sides. There's enough soup for another couple of days....then I'll wait another couple of weeks and make another small batch. LOVE that stuff!

The mentions of meatloaf from GG and RR prompted me to take a couple of pounds of ground beef from the freezer, and make a meatloaf. It's been a while since I've made it - thanks for the inspiration, ladies. :)

Everyone's meals look and sound tasty indeed!

We had a repeat, kinda, of last night.

DH's eyes were much bigger than his stomach, so we had double
what I would normally have made last night of frozen the Chicken Cordon bleu.
I popped the leftover chicken into the micro and steamed some fresh
Carrots, doused them in a bit of butter (ssshhhh), S&P and some fresh Flat leaf Parsley.
Instead of any potatoes or rice or such, I made some TJ's Soycutash, again with a small knob of butter, Garlic, S&P and some fresh Oregano torn in.
DELISH!

004.JPG

And DH claims that he very much dislikes butter, hmmm :ohmy:
DH: that was really good, what did you different to the veggies?
Me: fresh herbs make a world of difference, don't they?
DH: yeah, make it like that again!
:LOL:

The mentions of meatloaf from GG and RR prompted me to take a couple of pounds of ground beef from the freezer, and make a meatloaf. It's been a while since I've made it - thanks for the inspiration, ladies. :)

Put the meatloaf on the grill (no pan) with some wood chips, and smoke it. It takes meatloaf to another level. :chef:

CD

Put the meatloaf on the grill (no pan) with some wood chips, and smoke it. It takes meatloaf to another level. :chef:

CD
Sounds good. I'll have to try that some time.

Bunch of delicious looking and sounding meals.

I was lazy. I made a huge salad and put it on the table with quartered hard boiled eggs, some capers, anchovies, cheese, and ranchoid dressing. It was pretty good.

Droolworthy pics this evening, all! :yum:...t's been a while since I've made it - thanks for the inspiration, ladies. :)
Here's my late entry, Cheryl!

I skipped the butternut; the carrots were seasoned with garam masala; doused the cauliflower with a generous sprinkle of sumac, chopped a couple pieces of preserved lemon to mix in...and kinda burned the lemon while roasting the cauliflower. :whistling Mixed review here: Himself did not like them. I, on the other hand, loved them. Still, next time I won't add them until the last 5-10 minutes of roasting time.

Attachments

• 20171012_222617.jpg
    20171012_222617.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 131
We've been swamped at work with catering jobs so last night we ate very late. I agreed to do a drive through at Wendy's. I can't remember when the last time I ate there.. What I found interesting is that it wasn't bad. But, it wasn't good, either. It was nothing. Void of all flavor and substance. Scary...

Back
Top Bottom