10/3/17 Tues. What's Cookin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Gee, no one else started today's thread, I will...

001.JPG

I made a HUGE (7 quarts) pot of Italian Sausage&Lentil Soup,
but it always tastes better a few days later,
so we'll have Paniolo (that's Hawaiian for Cowboy) Chili with Corn Chips.

What's Cookin' In Your House?

Last edited:
K Girl, I think you are time traveling again :unsure: There's a ballgame on tonight I want to watch.

Dinner is hot dogs, wavy chips and carrot sticks, cheep and easy onion dip, pickles. Root beer and ice cream (why not) no matter which way the game goes.

I've been waiting and waiting for somebody to start. :rolleyes: We had Emeril's chicken and andouille strudel with his BBQ sauce, with collard greens.

Attachments

• 2017-10-03 18.58.39.jpg
    2017-10-03 18.58.39.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
K Girl, I think you are time traveling again :unsure: There's a ballgame on tonight I want to watch.

Dinner is hot dogs, wavy chips and carrot sticks, cheep and easy onion dip, pickles. Root beer and ice cream (why not) no matter which way the game goes.

:LOL: No, no time traveling here whisk... DH has the boob-tube all warmed up, me, well, I'm really not too interested in tonight's game, I'm waiting for tomorrow when our team plays ;) then it'll be something super simply with no dishes to wash either :cool:

I've been waiting and waiting for somebody to start. :rolleyes: We had Emeril's chicken and andouille strudel with his BBQ sauce, with collard greens.

med, that looks really good! is that fillo dough as wrappers?
and I love collards, well any sort of dark leafy greens really, and what is that in the greens, you guys' homemade tasso ham? :yum:

Salmon Genovese, at least that what the recipe from the Black Dog on the Vineyard Cookbook calls it. Scalloped red potatoes baked with olive oil, garlic, and basil. Salmon goes in for the last 10 minutes. Green salad on the side.

Yep, fillo dough. Just regular bacon in the greens. We render the bacon, then cook the onions and garlic in the fat, before adding the seasonings, molasses, beer, and adding the greens, throw in some cider vinegar somewhere along the way. BEST greens I've ever had.

Leftover cider-braised pork, over rice instead of noodles tonight. Went to a Tex-Mex place for Taco Tuesday with a friend for lunch, and got some Gelato at Paciugo later at the mall.

CD

Last edited:
Today is Tuesday right? Or did I loose a day again?

Creamy Chicken & Cheese Pasta

creamy_chicken_cheese_pasta _100317_P1100258.JPG

I had a shopping list all made out because I thought today was Wednesday, too. The sales always flip over on Wednesday. Finally I realized I had the same things written down that I'd written down last Wednesday. *sigh* It doesn't help that I've started flipping my clock forward an hour a day as well.

So I guess I'm going shopping tomorrow then. With a new list.

Last edited:
Tonight we had empanadas and chicken taco soup.

When I was doing mise en place for these two dishes, I was surprised to see the seasoning mix for the two dishes were identical in types and quantities. Identical amounts of chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, etc.

Grocery day, so picked up a marked-down lemon-pudding cake at the market bakery. Dessert for many times ahead.

For dinner, I smoked a big rack of piggy ribs in the stovetop smoker, then finished them slathered with Famous Dave's Devil's Spit" barbecue sauce on the grill outside. Fried a bunch of fries and we ate like southern royalty. The cake was tasty and a perfect finish.

My "dog" doesn't play a game until Thursday, so I had time to play in the kitchen today. Ribs here, too, except I did mine in the slow cooker. Not as good, but a lot easier. I made lots of sides so I can share the wealth along the rest of this week: coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans, leftover mac-and-cheese. Some fresh strawberries and a bit of vanilla ice cream later - like during the news later.

Attachments

• 20171003_201634.jpg
    20171003_201634.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
We had salmon poached in coconut milk infused with lemongrass, lime, ginger and brown sugar. I served it with rice and bok choy. It was very yummy! :)

We had to get the car inspected and pay taxes and registration this AM, so we ended up having breakfast for supper - roasted potatoes, maple sausage links, sliced cucumbers & tomatoes, and a pumpkin cream cheese muffin for dessert.

DH had dental work done Monday and needs soft foods for a couple weeks. So yesterday, I made Swedish meatballs over egg noodles and served them with marinated cucumbers and a tomato from the garden. To minimize the number of pans used (we're awaiting installation of the new dishwasher), I stirred French-cut green beans into the gravy [emoji38]
1003172020a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom