1000+ cookbooks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my 27 years I have never tried Velveeta. Am I missing out on something awesome?

I never intentionally eat it. I really dislike the flavour. It isn't even cheese. It's a "Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product" according to Kraft, which makes it.

Ok. I have had velveta and I like it. No it isn't real cheese, but it has it's place at my table.

Funny thing is...I have never tried Spam. Don't think I want to.

Siegal said:
In my 27 years I have never tried Velveeta. Am I missing out on something awesome?

Yes.

Can of Rotel, some low sodium Velveeta, nuke, stir, nuke. Enjoy with just about anything. Tostitos are good, Fritos are awesome! Leftovers are nice in soups, though we rarely have any leftovers.

Last edited:
I have always been amazed and amused that Velveeta turns up frequently in Amish recipes and cook books. It is sort of like better living through chemistry meets the simple life. Go figure!

I cleaned out all mind about years ago. Gave most to the daughter, but the left over ones I took to my sisters garage sale set up a table and put free on them. I had this elderly man come up and was going through them. I remember he said, his wife had just past a month before and now he has to learn how to cook, he said his daughter would cook for him, but the dog was getting to fat and he would have to learn if he wanted to eat. He told me all the things he acomplished and he was so proud. I gave him alot of ideas and he wrote down in a little notebook he had in his pocket. He took a couple of my books, and asked me if he could have my number. I knew who he was as he was a local person but yet I didnt know him. He called me one day to thank me and said maybe it wasn't a good idea as his daughter shows up for supper all the time now. he said he was baking cookies now and just acomplish lasagna and had the family over for sunday dinner. He was 84 at the time, He just past on about a month ago at 96 and was still very active.

I cleaned out all mind about years ago. Gave most to the daughter, but the left over ones I took to my sisters garage sale set up a table and put free on them. I had this elderly man come up and was going through them. I remember he said, his wife had just past a month before and now he has to learn how to cook, he said his daughter would cook for him, but the dog was getting to fat and he would have to learn if he wanted to eat. He told me all the things he acomplished and he was so proud. I gave him alot of ideas and he wrote down in a little notebook he had in his pocket. He took a couple of my books, and asked me if he could have my number. I knew who he was as he was a local person but yet I didnt know him. He called me one day to thank me and said maybe it wasn't a good idea as his daughter shows up for supper all the time now. he said he was baking cookies now and just acomplish lasagna and had the family over for sunday dinner. He was 84 at the time, He just past on about a month ago at 96 and was still very active.

How nice. I have a soft spot for the elderly. You can learn alot from them.
That is such a cute story. It gave me a chuckle, especially the part about the dog getting fat, lol.

How very sweet. His family probably thinks of you as an :angel: in his life.

I have a big hunk of velveeta in my refrig and I have no idea what to do with it. I was thinking my picky child will surely like something smothered in processed cheese. :ermm: Not going to lie though, I like the stuff. I am also a fan of Kraft Mac and Cheese, I prefer it over home cooked. :in_love:

I'm going to have to pick up some of the KD to try. I've never eaten it.

When I make my own Mac and Cheese, I use Velveeta. I think of it as pure junk food, but very tasty.

I'm going to have to pick up some of the KD to try. I've never eaten it.

When I make my own Mac and Cheese, I use Velveeta. I think of it as pure junk food, but very tasty.

I've use velveeta in some of my casseroles, some sauces, dips but I don't want it in my mac and cheese. Don't ask me why... I don't know:ermm:.

Dawgluver said:
Yes.

Can of Rotel, some low sodium Velveeta, nuke, stir, nuke. Enjoy with just about anything. Tostitos are good, Fritos are awesome! Leftovers are nice in soups, though we rarely have any leftovers.

I just saw a tv commercial for it just like this. Looks bad but good. Kind of like McDonald's. You know it's garbage but it is so yummy! Haha

Crap--I just realized I didn't bring the Velveeta cookbook with me to TX to mail to you. I'll get the DH to bring it when he comes to pick me up from the train in NY. Sorry!

Crap--I just realized I didn't bring the Velveeta cookbook with me to TX to mail to you. I'll get the DH to bring it when he comes to pick me up from the train in NY. Sorry!

Ah its fine, dont go to any trouble :)

Jamie Oliver & Gorden Ramsy

I would love and appreciate some cooking books by Jamie Oliver, and Gorden Ramsy,, if any one have those,,please let me know..

thanks much
food lover 77

I have 10 of these little cookbooks ready to send off.The first one of 10 is Land o Lakes Recipe Collection, Friends and Family Summer Favorites--Simply Splendid Desserts. Vol 1/1, 1992. I have a pdf of the cover, but could not attach it. To receive this, send me a PM and I will send it to US residents/Canadian residents next time I go to the States (probably in 2-3 weeks) or from Canada next week. In exchange for the postage cost, I ask that you:

(1) make a donation to your local food bank, dog/cat rescue facility or humane society or wildlife rescue;
(2) give time to a neighbour/friend/co-worker who is going through a hard time and could use some help with the lawn/garden/house
(3) volunteer at the food bank/senior center
(4) do something kind for a stranger
(5) bring some soup/baked goods to someone who is having a hard time (even if this person is s/one you don't know)

Be sure to include your mailing address and name in your PM.

Next one, same "terms and conditions":

Woman's Day--Gifts from the Christmas Kitchen--Sweet Treats to Give or Keep. Vol III/No. 3, !993/1994.

Back
Top Bottom