12/5/10 Sunday, what's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I now have everything to make snack mix (Alix's Nuts & Bolts):

Chex type mix corn and rice
Oaty O's
Another Flower looking sweetened corn cereal
Chow mein noodles
Dry roasted peanuts
Mini pretzels

$1 roasting pan

There's a Law & Order marathon on today so I'll be stirring during commercials.

What's cooking at your house today?

Today is party day. My gang (should be around 40) do potluck, so eating will be "on the wing", lots of finger food.

There's a big pot of beans on the stove, roast beef melts, and the coleslaw I ran out of time for!

SO and I are going out to a local Italian restaurant to celebrate both our birthdays. Her's is two days after mine (different year).

Pork Tender Loin...Stove top skillet/oven method
Roasted Asparagus...some prosciutto wrapped
Herb Roasted Red & Sweet Potatoes.....
Tasso Flavored Butter Beans ........
Chocolate Cake.......
Coffee & Chicory....

There's a big pot of beans on the stove, roast beef melts, and the coleslaw I ran out of time for!

Got a pout from my oldest (she wants to be home for them) so the roast beef melts are off the menu. I need to decide what else to make. Kids!

Enough turkey already.

We're having Steak Diane, poppy seed buttered homemade noodles, Greek salad, Italian green beans and lemon Madelines.

Katie, the lemon madelines sound delicious. Can you give us the recipe?
Thanks.

Katie, the lemon madelines sound delicious. Can you give us the recipe?
Thanks.

I used this recipe, but subbed lemon zest for the orange. Glenn really likes lemon-flavored goodies, so I thought they'd be good. And, boy, are they ever! Of course, we had to test them when they came out of the oven.:rolleyes:

I HAD to try my new madeline pans I got at the thrift store the other day. Two pans for $1.50 total. Yeah!!!!!!!

Yooz are all making me hungry. Can we get a drooling icon?
We are having Prime Rib. I have been working loads of overtime so my boss kindly gave me a 6-7 lb roast. It is way too much for the three of us, but I love it cold. Plus, I find that you can't cook a small one and get the decent crust on the outside and still have the inside rare, so in the oven she goes! I may char it on the bbq before and then put it in the oven on high to crust it up nice. Then I'm thinking garlic mash with loads of parsley, mixed french beans. I'd love to make Yorkshire Puddings, but I absolutely suck at that. I am exhausted so I hope I don't fall asleep in the au jus....:LOL:

Yooz are all making me hungry. Can we get a drooling icon?
We are having Prime Rib. I have been working loads of overtime so my boss kindly gave me a 6-7 lb roast. It is way too much for the three of us, but I love it cold. Plus, I find that you can't cook a small one and get the decent crust on the outside and still have the inside rare, so in the oven she goes! I may char it on the bbq before and then put it in the oven on high to crust it up nice. Then I'm thinking garlic mash with loads of parsley, mixed french beans. I'd love to make Yorkshire Puddings, but I absolutely suck at that. I am exhausted so I hope I don't fall asleep in the au jus....:LOL:

You can make a wonderful soup with the left over meat.:chef:

Dakdoritang Wings

Dakdoritang is a spicy Korean stew of chicken and potatoes. Instead of a whole chicken I used wings and cooked the sauce down more.

img_944935_0_262ac86e6871855a59f9055356634e2e.jpg

A new Asian buffet place opened and it's on the way home from church so we stopped and ate there for lunch. Just doing snacks for supper. Made a double batch of popcorn, have chocolate chip cookies and some salami and cheese.

I made the snack mix this morning. I ended up with two full gallon zip bags. I forgot the raisins, so I added some to one bag hoping it will pick up some of the saltiness. I have enough snacks to keep me for a long time.

Dinner will be chicken salad (already made). My back has had enough today, so I'll keep it simple and take it easy. I want to save enough energy to see if I can make my kitchen sparkly like Alix's!

Here's the roast. I roasted it in a 12' cast iron pan. Smeard a bit of butter on the cut sides, cooked it at 425 for about 20 minutes, then, lowered the temp to 375 until the termometer said "eat".

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 168
Back
Top Bottom