12/8/10 Wednesday-what's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Last night before going to bed, I started a pot of split peas with smoked turkey neck bones, bayleaf, onion, garlic, 2 celery stalks, 3 cut up carrots, and 1/2# of beans. I started it off with some homemade chicken stock and an equal amount of water.

I boiled it for awhile, cooled it and put in the fridge to rest and continue today. When it is done, I'll add a bunch of diced turkey ham, heat through, and adjust the salt.

I like to use lots of meat in my beans so it's a full meal instead of just soup.

What are you cooking today?

Last edited:
It's cold as a witch's you-know-what in a brass bra today, so I think soup would be a good choice.

I went to the butcher yesterday and bought a whole beautiful ox tail, which makes me want to make ox tail soup. I have all the ingredients and the desire so.....

What am I waiting for?:)

Good morning everyone,

Zhizara - your soup sounds wonderful.

It's pretty cold here too, but at least it's sunny. Dinner tonight will be chicken tacos with all the fixings.

Enjoy the day:chef:

I'm currently brining a small pork loin I will roast for dinner along with roast potatoes and a veggie. (and some applesauce for SO)

I'm making a small etouffe'. I unexpectedly have the day off, so have some rearranging to do in the kitchen and will see if I can make inroads on the office.

Thanks, Little Chef. I need to get it out of the fridge and back to simmering. It's overcast today, so pretty chilly. Maybe I'll start a chili to take over the comfort food, smell good, air warming function after the split pea soup is finished. BRRrrrrrrrrrrr.

Pulled a T'giving turkey wing out of the freezer this morning. Will add something from the hurricane food cache. Love that microwave!

finally i can use my kitchen again. just gonna grill a chicken steak on the george forman. mushroom gratin and an artichoke. fudge for dessert,, if my blood sugar isn't to high.

Linguine with Broccoli Aglio Olio (broccoli sautéed with slivered garlic, sea salt, ground peppercorns and ground red pepper flakes in EVOO & Grapeseed oil) topped with fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses.

img_945898_0_aaae915b3cd5db28cf8d4a45c7a5081c.jpg

finally i can use my kitchen again. just gonna grill a chicken steak on the george forman. mushroom gratin and an artichoke. fudge for dessert,, if my blood sugar isn't to high.

change of plans. coleslaw instead of artichoke. i altered the gratin just a bit. had marspone cheese that needed to be used up. i mixed with a bit of half and half. dotted each layer with mixture. mixed parm and panko crumbs for the top. it tastes just wonderful.

Linguine is looking good. Looks like you have some good flavors there too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom