2017 Spring Holiday Menus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've ordered 3 racks of milk lamb from the butcher, first course, Parma ham and melon, second, tagliatelle with butter and grated Parmesan, then the racks of lamb, local cheeses, and finally, Bonet (chocolate and ammaretti dessert).
Wines: light white wine to start, then Barolo, then Gavi, and to finish, Moscato Naturale - all wines sourced within a radious of 3 miles. Should be ok. 4 guests, and a nice celebration.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

um...That trumps my tacos and beer... :yum:

I have an appointment with my daughter for the hairdresser tomorrow. I will find out then if she is cooking dinner at all. Or is it going to be a pick, pick, pick, day. She may get invited to one of her SILs home. In that case I will gladly stay home. I no longer celebrate holidays.

But Spring is here, so that means no more heavy hot meals. Potato, macaroni salads, foods that can sit in the fridge and some taken now, some later if and when we get hungry. Oh tuna salad for Pirate. Light foods.

I really just want to stay home and vegetate all day.

We completed our Easter shopping today with a trip to Costco, one big box store and a neighborhood market. There will be 7 adults and two munchkins for dinner. (We bought other groceries too as we will have the grands all next week while their parents are on vacation.)

Easter menu is:
Appies , I forget already.

Spiral sliced ham
fresh pineapple
cheesy scalloped taters
Brussel sprouts
green beans
Salad
frozen bread dough balls to make semi homemade bread rolls
Pineapple upside down cake + one more dessert Jr's are bringing.

We completed our Easter shopping today with a trip to Costco, one big box store and a neighborhood market. There will be 7 adults and two munchkins for dinner. (We bought other groceries too as we will have the grands all next week while their parents are on vacation.)

Easter menu is:
Appies , I forget already.

Spiral sliced ham
fresh pineapple
cheesy scalloped taters
Brussel sprouts
green beans
Salad
frozen bread dough balls to make semi homemade bread rolls
Pineapple upside down cake + one more dessert Jr's are bringing.

If my daughter isn't cooking, then I am coming to your house for the cheesy tater tots.

Mister and Missus Dear Friend's will be joining us for Easter.
Since they are GF-DF Vegetarians, we do a pot luck style thing.
I will be making one dish for them:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/crystalhat...-grab-and-go?utm_term=.hl4EQKkOvx#.gdKE1JR4L6
I found this last week and would like to make it for them to try and
then share the recipe if they like it.
The rest of the menu is up in the air right now.

I started to prep some things for easy assembly tomorrow.

005.JPG
Ranch Deviled Eggs
SUPER!!
I used prepared Ranch Dressing instead of Mayo or anything else.

015.JPG
A new Carrot Cake recipe that I found the other day

007.JPG
I "riced" a head of Cauliflower in my FP, WAY cheaper than buying a bag of already riced cauliflower.
It took all of my upper body strength to squeeze out most of the water, PHEW! :bb:
006.jpg
I got a cup and a half of cauliflower juice! :LOL:
DH came back from hanging out with his buddy and walks in the door..."PEE-YOU!! What the heck is that smell?! That's AWFUL!!" :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

View attachment 26652
Ranch Deviled Eggs
SUPER!!

View attachment 26653

View attachment 26654
I "riced" a head of Cauliflower in my FP, WAY cheaper than buying a bag of already riced cauliflower.
It took all of my upper body strength to squeeze out most of the water, PHEW! :bb:
View attachment 26655
DH came back from hanging out with his buddy and walks in the door..."PEE-YOU!! What the heck is that smell?! That's AWFUL!!" :ROFLMAO:
Everything looks wonderful. Can you share the carrot cake recipe.

View attachment 26652
Ranch Deviled Eggs
SUPER!!

View attachment 26653

View attachment 26654
View attachment 26655

SO!
Here's what all we had for our Easter Feaster
http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...17-whats-on-the-menu-97931-2.html#post1507596

Here is a picture of my pressure cooker stuffed artichoke. So fast and easy to cook in the IP.

img_1507598_0_a66dbf7529dc1985a8f40b39cfc24ab4.jpg

Sorry no pictures of the main course. Everyone wanted to eat.

I didn't get to the cheesecake last night so I made it today. It will be chilled and topped tomorrow.

Here is a picture of my un-topped pressure cooker cheesecake.
Will update finished cake picture tomorrow. I have never had a pressure cooker cheesecake. Can't wait to try it.

img_1507598_1_35ae77b2327c424463c4e35050df71bc.jpg

Here is a picture of my pressure cooker stuffed artichoke. So fast and easy to cook in the IP.

img_1507752_0_a66dbf7529dc1985a8f40b39cfc24ab4.jpg

Sorry no pictures of the main course. Everyone wanted to eat.

I didn't get to the cheesecake last night so I made it today. It will be chilled and topped tomorrow.

Here is a picture of my un-topped pressure cooker cheesecake.
Will update finished cake picture tomorrow. I have never had a pressure cooker cheesecake. Can't wait to try it.

img_1507752_1_35ae77b2327c424463c4e35050df71bc.jpg
Here's a picture of the finished cake. It was very good and very filling.

IMG_2141.JPG

Back
Top Bottom