2022 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aunt Bea, I too, have great luck with One Dish Kitchen. But the other day went with a Banana Muffin recipe from Baking Mischief. And gobbled them both up before the day was out.

20221210_100911.jpg

I went with this recipe as it was One Bowl (yah!) and I happen to have egg whites on hand. Win win!

Aunt Bea, I too, have great luck with One Dish Kitchen. But the other day went with a Banana Muffin recipe from Baking Mischief. And gobbled them both up before the day was out.

View attachment 62748

I went with this recipe as it was One Bowl (yah!) and I happen to have egg whites on hand. Win win!
I’m not sure why the muffins at my house seem to disappear faster than the bananas.

I’m trying to teach myself to buy fewer bananas and limit myself to one muffin a day.

Being a slow learner does have some advantages. :giggle:

Half a batch of Spanakopita.
spanakopita_half_121422_1_IMG_0417.jpg
spanakopita_half_121422_2_IMG_0419.jpg

I tried something fun. Old Fashioned Hand Measured Biscuits. It worked pretty well with wholewheat flour. They were a bit saltier than I would have liked, but that is easily remedied next time. The recipe ingredients are in the description below the video, on YouTube.

Made a batch of Tea Cake Cookies as part of Christmas gift for some friends. I packed up a basket of 2 tea cups and saucers, along with a plate of the cookies and a box of assorted teas. Turned out better than I had anticipated. Of course, as I always do, I included the recipe for the cookies. And as a responsible person, I tasted the cookies. Yum, yum, yummers. The only thing I added was about 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla paste to the dough.

If anyone is curious, here's a link to the recipe: https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-butter-tea-cakes-3052219?utm_source=pocket_reader

thank you Katie, went there, they look and sound great - and easy! Plus they also have many of their other traditional and untraditional cookies that I love.

taxy, maybe you curved your fingers too much with the salt! :ROFLMAO:

<snip>

taxy, maybe you curved your fingers too much with the salt! :ROFLMAO:
I think it was partly because I used coarse salt. I noticed with the sugar that it slid out of my fingers as I was scooping it. That didn't happen with the big grains of coarse salt. Maybe it was supposed to happen. Also, I think I was supposed to get more flour than I did. I'll try it again. Live and learn.

Today I baked one recipe each of CC oatmeal snickerdoodles and cream cheese snickerdoodles, then 2 recipes of sesame icebox and one recipe of oatmeal icebox cookies. I still have 5 more logs of cookies to slice and bake, so I figured I'll do those tomorrow; maybe tonight I'll make a couple more logs. I also remembered those star anise snickerdoodles I made last season - maybe I can turn that into an icebox recipe, using a basic recipe, adding the star anise and a little cinnamon.
CC oatmeal snickerdoodles and cream cheese snickerdoodles, just out of the oven. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

CC oatmeal snickerdoodles, and cream cheese snickerdoodles by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Oatmeal and sesame icebox cookies by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Those mini cheesecakes look wonderful. Have you posted the recipe?
Thank you, GG.
I haven't posted a recipe. I need to write it up for the minis. I used my full size cheesecake recipe and made two pans of minis and 1 small 6" cheesecake (this small spring form pan can fit in a 6 quart Instant Pot). I'll try to write it up when I get the chance.

I'm finished! Besides the last of the cookies, I made a batch of WW/rye bread sticks, to snack on, plus eat with soups and curries, plus they are quick to roll out, and gives me more time to cut out more cookies. As always, I saved the habanero gingersnaps for last, and you can see the darker ones - the original recipe calls for light molasses, and I ran out, and all blackstrap is way too strong, so I just used 1 tb BS, and 3 tb honey, and it's still darker, but not overly strong. I buy BS by the gallon, for all the bread I use it in, so I always have that.
TN icebox cookies, chocolate orange, and chocolate sables. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

A double recipe of Wienerstube, and most of the new star anise icebox recipe I made. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

A batch of WW/rye bread sticks I threw together to snack on, and eat with soups and curries I'll be making, now that I'm done with cookies! by pepperhead212, on Flickr

First batch of habanero gingersnaps - just over a half a load, so I had to bake 2 batches of them. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Two recipes of habanero gingersnaps, the dark one I used a tb of black strap and 3 tb honey, in place of light molasses. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom