3/23/2017 National Puppy Day - What's in your bowl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think there are a lot of people eating processed foods and fast foods.
I was born before Rachel Ray and before Jaime Oliver. Eating from cooking isn't new, it is part of living, always has been. People eating out and processed foods just have other priorities.

Spinach pie ( which I made yesterday for today), Salad, Roma tomatoes sliced in half, s&p, garlic powder and parmesan cheese baked ( had to get rid of the tomatoes before they went bad).

Teddy had a bowl full on dry dog food in his bowl. Hasn't touched it in three days. Tonight he had a half bowl of Beef Flavored Ramen Noodles. He would have eaten the other half, but that was for me. I flatly refused to share anymore with him. He ate his half from the floor. I ate mine from a bowl.

We had schnitzel on spaetzle...
RfPrqht.jpg

Kayelle outdid herself tonight. We have a huge pantry in our outbuilding, plus a separate 6 cu ft freezer that is full.
I am so impressed about the way she can put dinners together. Tonight's dinner was ramekins with rotini pasta, sweet and hot Italian sausage, and a wild mushroom sauce I found at Von's. It was then covered with a mix of grated Parmesan and Fontina cheeses and baked. It was accompanied with a spinach salad.

Since I forgot to take anything out of the freezer (AGAIN!), my options are the stuffed shells which I didn't make last time or something in potatoes. I have a bunch of potatoes going soft, so tonight I may just have vinegar and salt potatoes.

I think there are a lot of people eating processed foods and fast foods.
I was born before Rachel Ray and before Jaime Oliver. Eating from cooking isn't new, it is part of living, always has been. People eating out and processed foods just have other priorities.
If my Dad was in charge of cooking, meals would be processed food and box stuff. Since I am in charge, I don't cook that stuff. When I am back in Ontario taking care of my brother's estate, yeah, my Dad will be cooking that stuff. He never learned to cook so that is the best he can do. Every week when I call my Mom's INR level in, the person asks if her diet has changed..."I am feeding her real food, what do you mean?" Better than what she'd get in a nursing home.

Tonight was meatloaf, asparagus, fruit, and dessert was a berry triffle (sp).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom