3 pounds of nacho cheese sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaulyWally

Assistant Cook
One of my biggest pet peeves is to throw food away. So, my brother gave me a leftover tub of nacho cheese sauce from a cookout he had yesterday.

I don't know what to do with all of it! I can't just eat nachos for the next 3 weeks. Any ideas?

Invite some friends over to watch the next Brewer's afternoon game...buy chips, salsa and beer and let nature take it's course.

You might try freezing some of it. I would imagine the texture might change a bit but it would be worth a try.

nacho mac-n-cheese....chili-queso.....on broccoli.. on baked potatoes...on cauliflower...chili cheese fries...cheese steak sandwiches....okay.. I'm getting hungry now.

I agree with Dave. There are SO many things you can do with this - from cheese sauce for vegetables, to soups, sandwich toppings. It'll be gone before you know it & you'll be wishing you had more!

Oh, lord. This is a problem. I, too, hate to throw away food. But I'm afraid I will have to this weekend. When it comes to cheese, the only suggestion I have is to invite your neighbors over. I just threw away marinade I made for ribs this weekend. I'd boiled it and was planning to re-use it, but forgot to stick it in the fridge. Oh, well.

I received a #10 can of nacho cheese sauce once. I froze it in pint containers, when reheated it was just fine. It was great to make nacho's by the sheet pan with meat, onions, green peppers, salsa, and nacho sauce over top and baked. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom