3 ways to make a 'dry' martini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My mum was famous (among friends and family) for her dry martinis. When she was asked how much vermouth to use, she would reply, "I drink a mouthful of vermouth and breath on the gin." ;)

I tried a dirty martini. It wasn't bad, but I prefer them without the olive brine. I also prefer gin to vodka. I find it too "wimpy" tasting with vodka. I also prefer shaken, not stirred.

I hear you folks! Likewise I got sick on Scotch when I was in the Air Force and have never been able even to smell the stuff since without shuddering. Never been sick on a Martini or vodka.

I'll tell on myself though. My wife's grandfather came over with a whole jug of pre-mixed martinis (he was really good at it) We proceeded to get well-oiled on those. Going to bed that night I got up to go to the bathroom. My wife also woke up and watched in horror as I relieved myself all over my night stand and clock radio. Her comment "What on earth are you doing??" My drunken stupor answer "What's it look like? I'm going to the bathroom!!" Never lived that down and took the finish right off my nightstand. {:-((

I hear you folks! Likewise I got sick on Scotch when I was in the Air Force and have never been able even to smell the stuff since without shuddering. Never been sick on a Martini or vodka.

I'll tell on myself though. My wife's grandfather came over with a whole jug of pre-mixed martinis (he was really good at it) We proceeded to get well-oiled on those. Going to bed that night I got up to go to the bathroom. My wife also woke up and watched in horror as I relieved myself all over my night stand and clock radio. Her comment "What on earth are you doing??" My drunken stupor answer "What's it look like? I'm going to the bathroom!!" Never lived that down and took the finish right off my nightstand. {:-((

TMI ! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Rotflmao!!

My favorite Martini was a Dirty Martini with vodka. (Back when I could drink.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom