5/1/17 Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
BBQ, Pulled Pork, cole slaw and jalapeno stuffed potato...

img_1509425_0_d4a716a5cc9926584634fb0827defbf8.jpg

img_1509425_1_a5bb85c93064560e4a13e8c76579814d.jpg

May Day Is Lei Day In Hawaii Dinner

Happy Lei Day ALL!!!!

Funny, I was just looking at my Face Book page and on this day last year,
I made Tacos for dinner.
Guess what I have planned for dinner tonight?
YUP!
Tacos Deluxe as I like to refer to them as ....
Warmed Flour Tortillas (for soft tacos)
Browned Ground Beef with my homemade Taco Seasoning mixture
assorted chopped veg:
radishes
lettuce
tomatoes
sweet white onions
guacamole (for me only)
along with:
mild & hot salsa (diners choice)
shredded cheese
sour cream (again, for me only)
I like lots of GOODIES in my Taco.
:yum:
POOH! I thought I had a can of Black Olives, but I don't, oh well

My Dad made some killer-overly stuffed-ONO (that's delicious in Hawaiian) Tacos. Some how he fried Corn Tortillas-hard shelled Taco shells crunchy yet soft, ya know? That was back-in-the-day before they had boxed Taco kits in the supermarket :wacko:
He use to say that if it didn't drip down your arm, it wasn't any good :LOL:

It is Monday so it is Costco and Food Fair night, but I have been feeling really sick all day so TB is doing the shopping and bringing me home comfort food - poutine and ice cream! :LOL:

He will probably get his usual pizza and hot dog and then share my poutine.

I know, none of this fits my signature line. It is our one night pig out!

I know, none of this fits my signature line. It is our one night pig out!

It's good to alternate your food, a day off, a day of fasting, a week of regular plans, ....you have permission.

I simmered a corned beef round yesterday, baked it off today. We enjoyed Reuben sandwiches sans Russian dressing. Instead, Himself slathered his sandwich with my homemade knock-off King's Arms Tavern sandwich spread. Homemade potato salad and homemade coleslaw, plus a Claussen pickle each, completed the meal. Just waiting on the crop of pickling cukes to hit the stores now. :yum: Next stop: homemade dill pickles.

It's good to alternate your food, a day off, a day of fasting, a week of regular plans, ....you have permission.

:) Thanks, Blissful! We decided that our Costco Mondays were going to be our eat all the "junk" that you want days because it is good food and reasonably priced. It is sort of becoming our date night.

Angelhair pasta with a garlic and herb sauce, shrimp, etc. Toss salads for the side and brownies with salted caramel frosting for dessert.

Downside... Leftover Mexican food from yesterday.. :neutral:

Upside... Baked a white cake with buttercream frosting... :)

Downside... I need frosting lessons... Saved some of the frosting to color blue (Jeannies fave color), put it all together, took photos... Ugliest cake ever!! :LOL:

Tastes great tho... :yum:

Ross

The ragu Craig made Sunday with a boneless chuck roast braised in lots and lots and lots of chopped onions, pancetta and salami ground into a paste, carrots, celery, white wine, t-paste and fresh oregano. It was pretty good, certainly a change of pace. Not quite as full-flavored as Giuseppe's ragu but not as many ingredients either.

Rubbed with my dry rub mix.
I did 60 minutes in the smoker at 190°F with a combo of apple, hickory and mesquite wood ships.
To internal temp of 170°F.
Then basted with Sweet Baby Ray's Bold and Smokey BBQ Sauce.
Under broiler till nice bark develops.
Served with B&M baked beans with my dry rub added and a side salad greens (mixed baby spring greens and baby spinach) and tomato dressed simple with fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper and fresh grated parmesan and romano cheese.

img_1509514_0_d40e2ca1cc885b464d262f6f2ff43050.jpg

img_1509514_1_5b0bd33b48ddc6102a63013b65c33c92.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Jc.

Rubbed with my dry rub mix.
I did 60 minutes in the smoker at 190°F with a combo of apple, hickory and mesquite wood ships.
To internal temp of 170°F.
Then basted with Sweet Baby Ray's Bold and Smokey BBQ Sauce.
Under broiler till nice bark develops.
Served with B&M baked beans with my dry rub added and a side salad greens (mixed baby spring greens and baby spinach) and tomato dressed simple with fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper and fresh grated parmesan and romano cheese.

img_1509529_0_d40e2ca1cc885b464d262f6f2ff43050.jpg

img_1509529_1_5b0bd33b48ddc6102a63013b65c33c92.jpg

I forgot to add these were baby back ribs done in the indoor smoker.

Back
Top Bottom