5/14 Mother's Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made sesame chicken and it was WONDERFUL...going to make some friendship bread (again) as well.

I normally don't like going out to eat on holidays, especially ones like Mother's Day & Valentine's Day. Can just live without the "special" menu, higher prices, being handed a droopy red rose at the door, & in the case of Mother's Day - tons & tons of kids running around - lol!!

That said, we did stop for a quick early lunch at the local Ruby Tuesday's on our way out to pick up some plants for the garden as a Mother's Day for me from my furred & feathered "kids". Good thing we got there as soon as they opened, because within a half hour the place was full & the line was out the door.

We shared an appetizer of Asian Dumplings with Thai Peanut Sauce, I had a Peppercorn Bleu Cheese Beef Burger, husband had a turkey burger, & we both enjoyed their fabulous salad bar. It was quite filling, so tonight we'll just snack.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their day. Remember - you don't have to have "human" children to be a "mom" - lol!!

Son made sandwiches for them. I am sick from eating too much lunch at Pancho's. I haven't been there in so long. Some of it was good, but, it's sure not as good as it was 10 years ago. UGH!! I'm still full:sick:

Jimmy (my hubby) planned on taking me out to dinner being as none of my kids were home but, I just didn't feel like it- I never do on Mother's Day-since Jymm passed ,I always feel the HUGE void of someone missing-anyway-Jimmy steamed snow crab legs,corn on the cob and picked up some KFC coleslaw.It was perfect.I appreciated his efforts to celebrate me as his kids Mom more than I can say.

VickiQ said:
Jimmy (my hubby) planned on taking me out to dinner being as none of my kids were home but, I just didn't feel like it- I never do on Mother's Day-since Jymm passed ,I always feel the HUGE void of someone missing-anyway-Jimmy steamed snow crab legs,corn on the cob and picked up some KFC coleslaw.It was perfect.I appreciated his efforts to celebrate me as his kids Mom more than I can say.

I'm glad he showed you how special you are to him by doing this for you.

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms!!!

My grandparents come up from Florida and we all gethered at my parents house. We brought in ribs from our favorite rib joint. Great stuff!

PeppA did a repeat of last week's Sunday dinner, grilled steaks, burgers, dogs, and potatoes baked in the grill (lid down, on the warming rack above the cooking grill so this time they don't turn to charcoal). It was actually pretty good. I snipped some of my home-grown chives for the taters. Should have snipped some more.

Kim had to work yesterday, but he came home and made me a fantastic meal.
He cooked up a batch of fettucine, which he dressed simply with garlic infused olive oil & butter, S&P and parmesan cheese.
He sauteed fresh asparagus from our garden in the same garlic/oil/butter mixture, seasoned with S&P and a squeeze of lemon juice.
He seasoned scallops and large shrimp with S&P and a dash of Cajun seasoning (Tony's), and seared first the scallops, then the shrimp in the garlic/oil/butter mixtured also.
This was served with sourdough breadsticks to soak up the juices.

I told him he's becoming a gourmet cook, and he says it's easy when I tell him what to do. LOL!

I'm not a Mom, but hubby treated me to fetuccini alfredo tossed with morel mushrooms. I made my classic European cucumber salad. Yumm.

Back
Top Bottom