7/9/13 Saturday Kitchen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gravy Queen

Head Chef
What's cooking this weekend ? Tonight I am doing chicken cordon bleu but a lighter version from my Hairy Bikers diet recipe book . I will make some home made coleslaw to go with it maybe . Tomorrow is boeuf bourgignon , it's getting a bit more chilly here so a big pot of beef stew is called for .

Last edited:
Not sure yet. Either some kind of chicken or jambalaya. Depends on what I feel like making come dinner time.

Thinking about making a cherry pie. Chef John from food wishes has a flaky, buttery pie dough recipe that I really want to try. And I really want to use my new 11 cup Cuisinart food processor that I got from my boss as a wedding present!

For dinner I may make that homemade hamburger helper recipe that I saw linked on another thread, the other half really likes the cheeseburger macaroni hamburger helper, but is sensitive to MSG, and I don't like cooking out of a box! So this might be the answer, from scratch and won't make him feel terrible!

Thinking about making a cherry pie. Chef John from food wishes has a flaky, buttery pie dough recipe that I really want to try. And I really want to use my new 11 cup Cuisinart food processor that I got from my boss as a wedding present!

For dinner I may make that homemade hamburger helper recipe that I saw linked on another thread, the other half really likes the cheeseburger macaroni hamburger helper, but is sensitive to MSG, and I don't like cooking out of a box! So this might be the answer, from scratch and won't make him feel terrible!
Nice to see you back in the kitchen, bakechef. And you definitely need to christen that food processor. I'd like your feed back on that homemade HH dish. Every once in awhile, I get a hankering for s/thing like that. But, more importantly, I'd like to send the recipe to my dad since he relies on HH now that my mom can't cook.

I have a nice little chuck roast that I'll do in the CP with a bunch of veggies.

I'm making that short rib tagliatelle recipe Andy posted the other day. I'm using a chuck roast though. There will also be a green bean casserole or there will be pouting from Bugs. Salad is as yet undetermined, but dessert will be a spice cake with brown sugar fudge icing.

Nice to see you back in the kitchen, bakechef. And you definitely need to christen that food processor. I'd like your feed back on that homemade HH dish. Every once in awhile, I get a hankering for s/thing like that. But, more importantly, I'd like to send the recipe to my dad since he relies on HH now that my mom can't cook.

No problem, will do!

We're going to our neighbors' annual Porch Party Potluck. I just came back from the farmers' market with some Chinese long beans (they're purple!), yellow squash, green bell pepper, tomato and zucchini, and a ball of fresh mozzarella from the Italian restaurant that opened a booth at the farmers' market a few weeks ago. They sell the cheese and three of their pasta sauces.

So I'll be making a chopped veggie salad with the fresh mozz, white balsamic vinaigrette and fresh herbs from the garden to take to the party.

Beer day! I'm making a beer braised pot roast. I think I'll serve on buttered egg noodles with a nice green salad. And I'll do a beer batter bread. And then I'll drink some of the beer. (hiccup.)

How about this?
Put some oil on a large frying pan and heat on low. Add some frozen mixed vegis. Stir occasionally until the vegis are mostly defrosted. Shove them to the side and fry some ground beef and chopped onions. When the ground beef is browned, add some cold cooked rice and a good sprinkling of sesame seeds. Just before it's done, add some tamari and stir some more for another minute or so. Can also be made without the rice and served with rice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom