8/1/2019 - National IPA Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
https://www.mandatory.com/living/1521941-national-ipa-day-facts#1

I cut the lawn this afternoon, and with temps in the 80's, I celebrated with a cold IPA afterwards.

Tonight's dinner will be a sous vide boneless ribeye, with sides of pasta salad and a house salad.

I cobbled together a couple of weights to hold the bag down from binder clips and fishing sinkers. I just used fishing line, and the weights are nice and compact.

SV Weights.jpg

I'm going to sous vide a steak, too. But, I'll pass on the IPA.

I don't have a problem with my steaks floating. Other things float, but not my steaks. Do you vacuum seal your steaks for sous vide?

CD

Well, I know what's for dinner for the Souschef. He'll be happy to know it's National IPA Day.

Too dang hot to heat up the kitchen, but I'll also be making him some homemade split pea soup on the grill side burner to go with his beer.

Rotini with tomato/fennel sauce. Big salads with pickles.
Canned 10 pints of Emiril's sweet pickles today.

Well, I know what's for dinner for the Souschef. He'll be happy to know it's National IPA Day.

Too dang hot to heat up the kitchen, but I'll also be making him some homemade split pea soup on the grill side burner to go with his beer.

As long as he can have beer, SC should make it through this hard time. ;)

You could also make him some Jello shots one evening. :LOL:

CD

SO skipped dinner tonight as she had been grazing all afternoon. GS and I had grilled kielbasa and tater tots.

I have no use for a vacuum sealer, so I use the displacement method with Ziploc freezer bags. It doesn't quite get all of the air out 100% of the time, so the weights ensure that the meat sinks.

I've read where people use a stack of ping pong balls to submerge the bags, so I can't be too far off.

Anyway, Mrs. T was really impressed with the steak.

I'm a malty sort of beer drinker, so someone else can have my IPA. I had no problem polishing off my supper, though. We're working our way through leftovers. We had salads - I turned mine into a steak & mushroom salad.
IMG_20190801_200733779.jpg

That is one fine looking salad, CG. :yum:

I grabbed a recently vacuum sealed packet of spaghetti from the freezer this afternoon. While that was heating up, I made a small side salad and toasted some garlic bread.

Last edited:
Marinated two chicken breasts with taco seasoning, lime juice, and EVOO. Sides were riced cauliflower with lime juice and cilantro, and leftover pasta salad. The Elders gobbled that up. Dessert was homemade rhubarb ice cream.

Oven-Fried Wings with an Hawaiian BBQ Sauce, Air fryer 'Roasted' Baby Yukons,
Steamed Cauliflower w/ a Colby melt, Leftie Tri-Color Pasta Salad (Sour Cream for the Spuds...)

Chicken Wings, Oven Fried.jpg

Yesterday was my first day home from the hospital after surgery and DH put together a delicious meal, with help from pre-planning by me ;) He thawed and heated some barbecued beef and peppers and cooked egg noodles to serve it on. Then he braised frozen green beans with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning. Delish.
0801192004b.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom