9 by 9 inch baking dish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Andy, you're right, as per usual :rolleyes: , disliked maths intensely, algebra I could not do for the life of me, geometry - well, I always had the right answer but never the right theorem nor the correct steps to get there. Teacher could never figure that one out! Nor could I, just made common sense at the time.

Besides - why learn something when I can - just ask you!

I can't imagine that it would take longer than about 30 minutes for it to come to room temperature.

That was something to do with whether you're "nervous" about whether the cookie dough will cook enough :rolleyes: Ignore it and follow the instructions in the recipe itself.

Tbh, this is the kind of thing that makes a recipe author suspect to me. I wouldn't trust any recipe from this site.
Suspect how? Should be a tasty and safe recipe? Lol.

Suspect how? Should be a tasty and safe recipe? Lol.
Some people are good at developing and writing recipes and some people aren't. It's so easy to create a recipe website these days that just having one doesn't indicate that the writer knows what they're doing - writing recipes is a form of technical writing, after all. Giving a confusing "alternative" because the reader might be "nervous" that the recipe won't work correctly as written is a red flag for me.

Some people are good at developing and writing recipes and some people aren't. It's so easy to create a recipe website these days that just having one doesn't indicate that the writer knows what they're doing - writing recipes is a form of technical writing, after all. Giving a confusing "alternative" because the reader might be "nervous" that the recipe won't work correctly as written is a red flag for me.
My sister and a person that first mentioned to me this "slutty brownie" item made me want to find a recipe and this must of been one of the first that showed up.

Looks ok. Taste test upcoming.

20230518_165328.jpg
20230518_172715.jpg

Like others, I loved math. Areas of a circle was one that always stuck with me from geometry.

The area of a circle is: π (Pi) times the Radius squared: A = π r2. or, when you know the Diameter: A = (π/4) × D2

It was not that circle areas amused me, but rather it was this:
π r2

No, cake are square. Pie are round. :brows:

How can anyone resist that??? :LOL:

And since I am on a roll,

√-1 2^3 ∑ Π and it was delicious.. (I ate some pie and it was delicious.) Yes, we do celebrate pie day around here. :smartass:

Recipes are not rules. They are suggestions for your cooking. There is nothing wrong with adapting or modifying a recipe to suit your circumstances. Since you have an 8X8 baking dish use that instead. It will make the batter little thicker so you can add some baking time to compensate. When your time and temperature has completed, test doneness with a toothpick or cake tester. It it needs a little more time give it a little more time.

Back
Top Bottom