A 3 pound Dry-Aged Wagyu Rib Roast for 138.98 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wasabi said:
:LOL: Couldn't look him in the eye, huh?

chicken hearted, I would lose my appetite and hurl on the table, very weak stomach I guess. I remember once, the last time I ordered lobster about 30 or so years ago, you had to pick it from the tank in the lobby. I just told the waiter to bring me a small one, very small. A few minutes later the waiter came to the table with a napkin draped over his arm, he got my attention and lifted the napkin and here is this lobster with his taped claws, feelers and beedy eyes just looking at me. I told the waiter cancel the lobster order and bring me a medium rare steak, and if you bring the cow to the table, I am out of here. Never ordered lobster again.

img_53490_0_626b2a9bc31e223a5892c2f0546ce86b.gif
bring me a medium rare steak, and if you bring the cow to the table, I am out of here.

wasabi said:
norgeskog said:
wasabi said:
We have pig farms here where you can go and pick out your pig like picking out your lobster from the tank.
Problem here wasabi. I could not look a pig in the eye and send him to this death. You pick him out and I will see him when he is lifted from the hole in the ground with the bannana leaves and hot rocks.

No no no, not me. I cannot bear the sound of the squeals a pig makes when it is being slaughtered.

I'll pick the pig! It dosen't bother me one bit!

This all reminds me of a fishing trip to Canada. The lodge owners had a daughter who wanted to be a vet. She'd help hurt squirrels, etc. We came in one night with a walleye that was just under the slot limit where it would have to go back.

Gave her the fish, and this young lady, who loved animals, proceded to crush it's head in and filet it faster than you could say "Filet 'o fish"!

And it was GOOOOOD!!!! ;)

John

At least when you go back to the grocery store you won't have to say the meat at this grocery store is expensive ;)

I believe this was the thread where we were planning the caviar (beluga) and $138 per pound prime rib. What happened? My mouth is still watering. What are we serving with it, perhaps to be authentic Yorkshire Pudding, which I can make. Please no one recomment green bean casserole. Any ideas

luvs_food said:
i'd try it. you should see the marbling on the meat. it's fantastic!

Everyone who has posted on this thread would love to try out this meat, it the price that is causing people to not buy.

Roasted potato pieces with lots of spices on them would do norgeskog. Can't just have only meat.

It was 3 pounds for 138.98, not one pound.

kleenex said:
luvs_food said:
i'd try it. you should see the marbling on the meat. it's fantastic!

Everyone who has posted on this thread would love to try out this meat, it the price that is causing people to not buy.

Roasted potato pieces with lots of spices on them would do norgeskog. Can't just have only meat.

It was 3 pounds for 138.98, not one pound.

That is what I was saying, we need to be balanced, at least with our dining habits :LOL: The roasted potatoes you mention sound good, as they can cook in the oven in the pan with the roast and juices for extra flavor. How about a salad with champagne vinegrette pear dressing with gorgonzola.

What spices do you want on the potatoes????

I was thinking some garlic powder, Lemon pepper, cayenne pepper powder, and some all spice.

For the more adventurous potato we can replace the cayenne pepper powder with habanero pepper powder.

What about some carmelized onions with that roast?

And potatoes roasted in the pan drippings would be fabulous -- put some garlic in mine!

choclatechef said:

You have to have something like that.

Cut the onion up, cook it on the stove with some of the Beef Juices from the roast, throw in some garlic powder and some lemon pepper. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Tasty.

kleenex said:

I was thinking some garlic powder, Lemon pepper, cayenne pepper powder, and some all spice.

For the more adventurous potato we can replace the cayenne pepper powder with habanero pepper powder.

Cayenne is fine, habanero is much too hot for this wimp. We can add rosemary or marjoram. Shall we toss the potatoes in evoo??

norgeskog said:
kleenex said:

Cayenne is fine, habanero is much too hot for this wimp. We can add rosemary or marjoram. Shall we toss the potatoes in evoo??

A whole load of evoo. That will give the potatos some extra flavor to them.

Any Appetizers besides caviar to go with this one in a life time meal????

choclatechef said:

And potatoes roasted in the pan drippings would be fabulous -- put some garlic in mine!

You got it, I do not cook without garlic.

norgeskog said:
kleenex said:
Any Appetizers besides caviar to go with this one in a life time meal????

How about shrimp cocktails with the champagne, and stolich frozen in ice with the caviar, and crustini.

mmmm, i like your style norgeskog. maybe a few malpeque and blue points...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom