A British wannabe chef!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scarthhd

Assistant Cook
Now I have moved in to my own house I find myself having to make my own food, I wanna get good and adventurous and knowledge :)

Welcome DC! The nice thing about living alone (if you do) is that sometimes you can just have pop corn or cottage cheese or FRESH eggs for supper and not have to worry about someone else's tastes/preferences.

I think the hardest part about cooking for one or two is resisting all the fresh fruit and produce when one goes to the market. I know that is s/thing I'm always tossing on the compost heap at my folks and have to be very careful not to pick more than I will eat/prep at any one time. Speaking of which, I best go gather tomatoes--there "might" be frost tonight and there's not much daylight left.

Enjoy being part of DC!

Last edited:
I live my wife, but we have similar tastes, a quick question, well ok a couple,

Is this an American based forum?

How will are people to help out and give help, as I wil need a lot especially with different terms and ways of doing stuff?

Welcome to DC! Claire is one of the lucky ones who gets fresh eggs, and has some of the most adorable chickens ever!

DC has members worldwide. Ask and you will get an answer!

Last edited:
This is a global forum--there are forum members from all over the world. Spend some time checking the different sub-topics to get a sense about who we are. Because we all enjoy food, forum members bend over backwards to answer questions or to translate a term if it is unfamiliar.

And you will notice if I can mention FRESH eggs in a post, I will <g>. I just got two Buff Opringtons--their names are Agatha and Prudence (her friends are allowed to call her Pru but only Pru can call Agatha Aggie).

Last edited:
CWS4322 said:
This is a global forum--there are forum members from all over the world. Spend some time checking the different sub-topics to get a sense about who we are. Because we all enjoy food, forum members bend over backwards to answer questions or to translate a term if it is unfamiliar.

And you will notice if I can mention FRESH eggs in a post, I will <g>. I just got two Buff Opringtons--their names are Agatha and Prudence (her friends are allowed to call her Pru but only Pru can call Agatha Aggie).

Coll! And I think I may like it here, FRESH and funky!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom