A Great Mistake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danpeikes

Senior Cook
Great mistake

IMAG0098.png

IMAG0099.png

IMAG0100.png

IMAG0097.png

So I was trying to make roasted garlic bread in my bread machine. I accidentally turned off the machine at the time I was supposed to add the garlic. I decided to just bake them based loosely on a method from Alton Brown. The pulled the dough out of the bread machine shaped it studded it with roasted garlic and let it rise. The important part here is slashing the top of the loaf, the corn starch wash, and the water pan in the oven. These work together to create a great crispy crust along with a soft crumb. Odds are this loaf won't make it past tomorrow night.

Last edited by a moderator:
tomorrow?

yous guys are amatuers from the looks of that bread. lol.

nice job, mr. pikes.

you give me hope that i can bake bread one day, utilizing a bread machine for the dough. baby steps and all.

Thanks buckytom. I have only been really trying bread for about a month. Icook and usually leave the backing to my wife.

Buckytom, my father can use the bread machine and then bake the bread in the oven. This is a man who does not cook or bake. It is pretty fool-proof.

I recently recovered a recipe (my kaiser rolls). For some reason, I under counted the cups of flour. I usually check to see if the dough needs more moisture or more flour during the first 10-15 minutes. I was busy gardening. I dumped the mixture into a bowl after it at run the whole cycle, added more flour, kneaded it, let it rise, and the rolls turned out lovely.

You could start with pita pocket dough. It is pretty easy to make in the bread machine and the pitas don't take long to bake. You just need a brown-paper bag to soften them when you take them out of the oven.

Back
Top Bottom