A Question For Admin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Hello, Aloha!

I posted to a thread that I can no longer find, unless I'm blind, and that is possible :)

I think the OP was AdamChef or something like that, and he was requesting members food photos and/or recipes for a start up APP that he was putting together.
Anyways, I know I posted a question basically to the Mods and/or Admin folk ... couldn't anyone come along and harvest our photos as well as recipes for their own gain?

Thank you, Mahalo,
k~girl

Good question.

BTW, I've had my recipes show up on other cooking sites with no credit/acknowledgement to me.

I'm not so sure that when I post a picture that I have taken on "Discuss Cooking" or a similar forum or website, that I'm not transferring whole or limited rights to that picture to DC.

This isn't an issue to me because I don't think I've ever posted a pic here with meaningful monetary value. But some of you may feel differently. When in doubt, "If it is free to you, you are the product," is a bromide worth remembering.

Hello, Aloha!

I posted to a thread that I can no longer find, unless I'm blind, and that is possible [emoji2]

I think the OP was AdamChef or something like that, and he was requesting members food photos and/or recipes for a start up APP that he was putting together.

Anyways, I know I posted a question basically to the Mods and/or Admin folk ... couldn't anyone come along and harvest our photos as well as recipes for their own gain?

Thank you, Mahalo,

k~girl
Yes, anyone can do that. There's nothing stopping them. Whenever you put something on the internet, unscrupulous people can take it and pass it off as their own.

Photos you post here are your photos. By posting them here you give DiscussCooking the right to display them BUT you are not giving other sites the right to publish them without your permission. You are also not giving DC the right to sell them for publication elsewhere.

If you find them at other sites, you can initiate a copyright complaint of we could possibly do that for you.

Photos you post here are your photos. By posting them here you give DiscussCooking the right to display them BUT you are not giving other sites the right to publish them without your permission. You are also not giving DC the right to sell them for publication elsewhere.

If you find them at other sites, you can initiate a copyright complaint of we could possibly do that for you.

Big mahalo, thank you Janet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom